• Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”

At my wit"s end!

Sorry I am late and catching up now ...

If i were you I would feed her cooked food and never back to kibble. She is doing well on chicken and rice. That's a good sign.

You may feed her slightly cooked meat (chicken, beef, etc) or fish, oatmeal or rice and slightly cooked veggies.
Also I would add homemade kefir http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kefir
You can order grains online. It's easy to make it at home. Kefir is the best source of enzymes and probiotics.
Do you add kelp to her food? If she has thyroid problems it would be a good source of iodine.

Sorry I have no idea what is going on with her system.. it can be combination of immune system problems and normonal imbalance.

Hello,

Sorry I came in so late, but I agree with Dream.

Also, it can be expensive, about $400 or $350 from some other sites. But look up an alkaline water filter. You can get a countertop filter and don't have to invest in a whole house filter.

Alkaline water can do some amazing things. It is antioxidant and a great detox for both her and you. If nothing is showing up on the tests, exams, ect. I would really consider it. Down on the bottom of this article is a testimonial of a Golden Retriever breeder of the effects of alkaline antioxidant water on her 10 month old Golden that was affected by mysterious paralysis and cataracts. The story starts on page 3 and continues on 4.

http://healthnewsweb.com/download/v20n1-online-preview.pdf

There are plenty of articles and blogs online that nay-say, however I have used it and have seen and felt the effects of this water. I use it myself and use it for my dogs' water. Silence's eyes went from a type of "shark eye" black, to a normal dark brown that is desired in Dobes. Also, dandruff went away (he eats a raw diet with supplements and was still a bit flaky) as well as hair growth over scars has increased dramatically. Now when he gets a scuff or scrape or other injuries (he cut his wrist really deep on something this fall) hair grows back over it and only I can see where the scar even was. Jerry, my GSD has had horrible seasonal allergies including ear infections to irritation between paw pads and on the "pink" of his abdomen. He even got so bad to where he was chewing his testicles raw. I switched the water (he is on Solid Gold Wolf King) and now skin allergies are gone. This was after the vet had done skin scrapes and loaded us up with medication for it. Nothing helped. But the water stopped it all.

It would be something to try at least. I have had great success.

We do use filtered water. People that live in metro areas especially would be shocked at what is added to water to make it safe to drink. Fluoride is added to most water and is very toxic.
Sorry I am late and catching up now ...

If i were you I would feed her cooked food and never back to kibble. She is doing well on chicken and rice. That's a good sign.

You may feed her slightly cooked meat (chicken, beef, etc) or fish, oatmeal or rice and slightly cooked veggies.
Also I would add homemade kefir http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kefir
You can order grains online. It's easy to make it at home. Kefir is the best source of enzymes and probiotics.
Do you add kelp to her food? If she has thyroid problems it would be a good source of iodine.

Sorry I have no idea what is going on with her system.. it can be combination of immune system problems and normonal imbalance.

I have held off on the kibble because she is doing well right now.
I am wondering if because she is getting older and has had so many health problems that her system is just gotten very sensitive. We are going back to the vet on thursday, so I think we are going to have a talk about where we go from here. I am going to take these diet suggestions and come up with a good balanced diet that keeps her feeling good.
Thanks for your help!

Here is better reading... http://www.seedsofhealth.co.uk/fermenting/kefir.shtml

Collostrum is known to boost immunity but it's a bit pricey supplement.

I've just been readng up on Colostrum for Axl. I think he missed out on mom's milk since he was taken away so young. i was gonna start a thread on it. Just found a company in Saskatoon that is huge for this. Also Nzymes, a company that makes supplements is coming out with one as well.
Not sure if it will help him....?

So glad to hear that Greta is feeling better! I hope this is it now and she can completely return to normal and so can you. Its so tough when they get sick and the vets cant figure it out.

I've just been readng up on Colostrum for Axl. I think he missed out on mom's milk since he was taken away so young. i was gonna start a thread on it. Just found a company in Saskatoon that is huge for this. Also Nzymes, a company that makes supplements is coming out with one as well.
Not sure if it will help him....?

I didn't find a new thread about Collostrum and don't want to hijack this thread. I was using Nzymes and Collostrum. You may PM me if you need more info.

Back