Introducing Bran!

DracoDobie

Notable member
Well, I think it's time I (officially) introduce the newest addition to our pack.

Bran Stark, the 9 month old brown and rust European Dobermann!
(7 months old in the pic)
20240113_152306.jpg

My partner adopted him, his previous owners were starving him and his 8 siblings to death...
They came in to the rescue looking like skeletons, and with huge aggression issues between them. They'd kill one another given the chance.
We drove 4 hours to pick him up, he was the sweetest one of them all, and barely 5 months old.

He's been (and still is) a challenge, I've been the one training him mostly, and he's a very difficult pup, with a very strong will! But is such a sweetheart too, loves kisses and cuddles, he'll literally sit on your lap, like a small lap dog!.

I was afraid thinking Draco wouldn't accept him, due to his low tolerance to puppies and his jealousy for attention.
But it's safe to say, that they've become best friends, maybe even brothers! They play all day, they take care of each other (Draco has saved Bran from dog attacks multiple times before) and share their food and toys. They don't live together, which also helps. Draco is very laid back with dogs he considers from his inner circle, and there hasn't been a single time they've shwon aggression towards each other. I'm very aware of Doberman's and SSA, so I'm prepared if that ever happens with these two! But for now, we are loving Bran, watching him grow (he's taller than Draco already!!!) and enjoy life with his brother and us, after having almost died to human abuse.

Here's a few more pics of him and Draco!

20240208_134821.jpg
When he arrived at home! (5 months)
20231116_135455.jpg

He's taller than Draco, but much leaner than him at his age, sitting at 66lbs. He seems to have more of a slender and thinner build, not as blocky and with bigger "bones" as Draco, he's got legs for days!. We have no background of him sadly, only had a glimpse of his parents in a video, both brown euro dobies; so no health background...

He's cute! :congrats:

Are you worried about same sex aggression if he was fighting with other dogs at the rescue?

He's cute! :congrats:

Are you worried about same sex aggression if he was fighting with other dogs at the rescue?
Thanks for moving my thread Jans! I messed up lol.

I actually am, he was living with 20+ dogs, but only had issues with his littermates, both male and female, but he was the one getting hurt most of the time, he's got multiple scars left and I whitnesed his brother (which was given out to a trainer due to how aggressive he was) full on attack him...I had to pick poor Bran up. Other dogs were no issue. He's more dominant than Draco, Draco just doesn't care about anything 😂. Bran is getting neutered on May...it was in the rescue's contract to have him neutered before he turned 1, sadly.

Good for you!!
What a beautiful boy he is and love that name!

These seem to be the ones that teach us the most. You are going to do great with him!
Thank you so much! And I have to agree, he's teaching us a lot! He's so different compared to Draco.

Wow congrats on the newest addition!

Re SSA, it seems to me that if you can avoid any fights with Draco during Brans maturity then you should be ok. The fact that they live apart also helps. Take note that neutering won’t prevent any aggression type behaviour from developing.

Wow congrats on the newest addition!

Re SSA, it seems to me that if you can avoid any fights with Draco during Brans maturity then you should be ok. The fact that they live apart also helps. Take note that neutering won’t prevent any aggression type behaviour from developing.
Thank you! He's a handful, reminds me of Kaiser during his puppy and doberteen stages 😂 and yes I'm aware that neutering won't be of useful regarding SSA sadly...but the rescue won't allow you to keep your dog intact past 1 year of age.

:congrats:
Looks like you're doing great with him! Keep up the good work! I will always know you as the one who can flex Draco's off leash skills in public. From that one photo, I have high confidence in you!

I am also very happy for you!

:congrats:
Looks like you're doing great with him! Keep up the good work! I will always know you as the one who can flex Draco's off leash skills in public. From that one photo, I have high confidence in you!

I am also very happy for you!
20240311_135720.jpg
Always off leash! His focus is always on me, nothing else matters. My voice is more than enough for him to obey, makes me proud to know you remember his off leash skills! 🤎

Back