1. Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Who is your Breeder ?

Discussion in 'Doberman Breeders' started by Trigger LockedLoaded, Apr 4, 2018.

1. Doberman Gang

Doberman Gang Hot Topics Subscriber

That is typical price from most quality show and working lines these days.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Gelcoater

Gelcoater Expert ThreadCrapper $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber

Yep. The pup I’m on the list for is in this neighborhood, C/D, shots, sire/dam tested for (among other things) thyroid, eyes, cardiac, hips, elbows, and working titles.
    Knowing April some basic obedience will be worked on as well.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. I paid 2750 docked, cropped and dew clawed.

4. Oh Little Oji

Oh Little Oji Formerly Tad Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Congrats! Is your Dobe going to be dewclawed? Believe it or not, I think I want my next Dobe to keep his dews.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Gelcoater

I believe that’s part of the process with C/D.
    Having had dogs with and without dew claws, and seeing the agony associated when an intact dog snags a dew claw, I say be gone with them! Lol.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Oh Little Oji

Oh Little Oji Formerly Tad Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Hmm. Yeah, I guess I forgot to think about that liability.

7. Gelcoater

Rocky has them now. I hope he doesn’t snag.
    Daisy was without.
    Maxie had them. Snagged one about 6? 7 years old?
    Got them removed.
    Except for her last day was the only time I ever saw that dog affected by pain.
    Falls, spills, tumbles, dog fights (with much bigger :censored: dogs!) not to mention her former life... the dog was a rock. The dew claws hurt!

Early out is best IMO

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Joe

Joe Member

We got Ruger from Got My Back Dobermans. She is out of Hawthorne, Fl.

9. To be honest I personally dont like the way a few claw looks on any type of dog.

10. Archer

Archer Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

I can attest to the quality of dog Linda produces. I know her well and have many friends with Horizon dogs

• Like Like x 2
  11. Archer

Many show lines go back to Blue. He is in many pedigrees. Was a very popular stud dog due to his successes, but he had DCM and threw DCM offspring

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Ddski5

Ddski5 Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

That woman is a serious proponent for the Doberman breed. She has a commanding presence and knows how to handle a Doberman.

New to the breed and really not knowing what I was doing except for wanting a Doberman pup, I searched for six months. She was one that I called and talked with for over an hour, but things just wouldn’t work out in my favor.

Ten days after our last call of disappointment, she called me back, said she had been thinking about me for days and told me that God must want me to have one of her Dobermans because she had one for me.

I needed to go get him because she was leaving out of town for a show but I was scheduled at a soccer tournament in Pensacola, Fl, which is opposite way of Texas. So my wife, who is completely ignorant of dogs let alone Dobermans, and youngest daughter drove the five hours to get him. Thankfully, Linda fell in love with my youngest and let Ragnar leave with explicit instructions.

Ragnar peed in the car and created havoc on the way back but made it safe and sound.

After much more reading on breeders, bad crops, sick pups and BYB’s, I realize how fortunate I was to get one of her Dobermans.

Very thankful I am.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. Archer

Awesome! Yes, she is amazing. She helped me a lot when my girl Faith was having posting issues. She is a encyclopedia of pedigrees and all things Doberman. Our breed is lucky to have her.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Archer

You have an Eve son :) Eve is littermate to Glory, who was my absolute favorite bitch out of Hilary and Linda’s breeings. She is a phenomenal Doberman. I feel honored to have known her.

They bred Eve to Ripcord and produced a lovely male out of that litter. She is a good producer. Nice lines. Got yourself a good puppy :)

• Appreciation Appreciation x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Archer

@Gelcoater you’re getting a puppy?!?! Squeeee!!!

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Drogon

Drogon $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber

Most all of us agree that is the going rate range. I was surprised to learn from people at IPO training some only paid $500 for their working line GSD. Most everyone was shocked to find out how much a quality work (or show) Dobe goes for.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. Gelcoater

• Appreciation Appreciation x 3