• Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”

What’s this red spot?

Aww is that how he sleeps? Adorable! Before this camera pic, I would have agreed it was a crate scrape although in a rather unexpected spot, but now, I’m inclined to think he sniffed at something infectious while outside and the infectious material got in through a small scrape or a popped pimple. What a mystery!

Aha I know, everytime I check in on him I get the shiny balls I’m my face.

he is a sniffer especially on walks! So it’s very possibly.

I left my girl for approximately 2 hours this am for a dentist appointment. I could hear having a fit once I got to the detached garage......came home to see this. :shock:
She was on extra pillows today, because she has started peeing in her crate on the days that I work between the times my husband lets her out......so its a constant washing of the crate bedding on my 12hr work days

Ohhh no :( that’s rough sorry to hear. Do
You cover the crate with a blanket? That may help calm her down? We use just a regular bedsheet/blanket

Attachments

• DE0B0FDD-FC85-4832-8FC7-349CE16BCE81.jpeg
    DE0B0FDD-FC85-4832-8FC7-349CE16BCE81.jpeg
    103.6 KB · Views: 14
I have started doing that at night. She used to only rarely have a fit in the crate. I've also started looking at different crates to reduce risk of injuries like this in the future.

I left my girl for approximately 2 hours this am for a dentist appointment. I could hear having a fit once I got to the detached garage......came home to see this. :shock:
She was on extra pillows today, because she has started peeing in her crate on the days that I work between the times my husband lets her out......so its a constant washing of the crate bedding on my 12hr work days
Is she into chewing or suckling? I have similar pillows that I hate and was thinking about giving them to Kaiser but wasn’t sure whether that’s just asking for trouble...

She only really chews on a few of her soft toys at times when she is out of the crate when I can watch her. If I notice her pulling or tearing apart the soft toy I immediately take it away (I'm terrified of blockages). As for as suckling I am not sure, she licks quite often but I haven't really seen her using one of her blankets for suckling. I am ordering a "nanny cam" to see how distressed she is while in the crate home alone. She is 5 months now so I am not sure if I will keep any soft bedding in her crate in case she hits a destructive stage.

She only really chews on a few of her soft toys at times when she is out of the crate when I can watch her. If I notice her pulling or tearing apart the soft toy I immediately take it away (I'm terrified of blockages). As for as suckling I am not sure, she licks quite often but I haven't really seen her using one of her blankets for suckling. I am ordering a "nanny cam" to see how distressed she is while in the crate home alone. She is 5 months now so I am not sure if I will keep any soft bedding in her crate in case she hits a destructive stage.

the camera is a good idea! We love it. It will be good to see exactly how she is like when she is upset. I sadly can’t give much advice. our boy since 8 weeks adapted to the crate instantly ( maybe cause our breeders started the crate training process before we got him) :( but I hope things improve and go smoother for you ! There may be some more threads on here to browse regarding the topic of crate training more :)

Oh what fun:tap:especially after a twelve hr shift. And I thought the crate scrape might be for the picture luckybeemer had. Oh who knows with these guys. That cage sleeping is the bomb:spit:

So update.. I’m not sure I’ll go to the vet appointment tomorrow. Cause I think I’ve almost come to the conclusion it’s a burn of some sort. Haku woke up this morning and it’s gone pretty much just flesh tone.. whiteish like a scar. No longer hurts to touch

this does make me sad since it’s quite a large scar. Remembering back a little bit he did try and drink my tea when it was super hot and he may or may not have booped his nose on the handle of a pan while cooking

the hot tea may also explain the weird splat pattern it has

Does anyone have tips for anything I can put on to help minimize the scar :( that will be ok if he licks off

Attachments

• FBC6E147-0359-4C07-90CD-F85647776E44.jpeg
    FBC6E147-0359-4C07-90CD-F85647776E44.jpeg
    251.3 KB · Views: 36
I’m always worried about kitchen accidents since they like to check everything out with their nose. Do you have Vetericyn? I’d use that. I have used it on nearly every scratch or scrape on Kaiser it’s so amazing.

That jacket is super cute btw, he looks so dashing!

I’m always worried about kitchen accidents since they like to check everything out with their nose. Do you have Vetericyn? I’d use that. I have used it on nearly every scratch or scrape on Kaiser it’s so amazing.

That jacket is super cute btw, he looks so dashing!

i don’t but I’ll definitely look into that !

Thank you aha ! We just got it last night. It’s a bit big on him right now but blew got a size up cause he’s still growing :)

Update. It’s the scar has gotten smaller but still there :(

Attachments

• 364AF816-53C0-43F6-9E78-E744AC6A7292.jpeg
    364AF816-53C0-43F6-9E78-E744AC6A7292.jpeg
    208.5 KB · Views: 25
I looked back to when your original post was and it is only a couple of weeks ago. I have watched quite large scars on Jazz that I thought would be permanent go through scabbing, hairless white skin, hairless black skin to even growing the hair back to nearly normal over 6 - 8 weeks. A burn could be different but with luck it will get the pigment back at the very least and not be so noticeable.

Awesome. Yay. So happy for you. That gives me hope for Remi's crate scrape. And I got the puppy cam installed last week. Absolutely loving it. Things have been good and bad. She has been good at times and thrown hissy fits at others. I feel helpless and horrible like today I was at work and she had a good major melt down. Just hanging on for dear life on this wild dobie roller coaster ride of puppy days. Lol

Back