1. Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

What’s this red spot?

Discussion in 'Doberman Health Issues and Questions' started by HakuTheDoberman, Nov 4, 2019.

1. Anyone have any idea what this is? It randomly appeared a couple days ago. I thought it was a zit but now I don’t really know. There are no ingrown hairs that have maybe cause an irritation. It’s gotten a bit bigger, and it did bleed a tiny bit one time (possibly rubbed it while playing with his toys idk)

Since I thought it was a zit i didn’t think to take him to the vet but now that I’m unsure thinking maybe I should but wanted any opinions incase someone’s had the same thing.

Attached Files:

2. LifeofRubie

LifeofRubie Active Member

Ouch! Does seem to get a little angrier looking the second picture, there. Not sure what it is but I would have a vet check, just in case.

3. yeah:( it was after we can inside from playing outside and it was rather cold. Not sure if that’s what caused it to become more red and such. Hopefully it’s not serious and Dosent scar. Will be booking a vet appointment this week then!

4. Kaiser2016

Kaiser2016 Active Member

Is it cold enough for frostbite? I’ve had Kaiser play outside in cold weather and it can cause chin pimples to pop and bleed but none were this big. I’d go to the vet with this too. It’s too big and too sudden.

5. noo it’s not too cold here yet hasn’t really hit 0 degrees yet so I don’t think is frost bite . Will definitely go to vet

6. Viemarangelrock

Viemarangelrock $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

He’s not nosed a hot pan on the stove by any chance? Or contact with a hot appliance, like the oven?

7. not that I recall. I thought a burn maybe too but would it spread like that. I just don’t know :( I got an apointment with the vet. Earliest they could do is Saturday morning.
    I’d like to put something on it to help but I feel he’d just lick it off

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Rodyboy

Rodyboy Jr Member

Yes, the vet. This appeared to quickly and it looks like it is spreading in a way. Putting something on it would just be licked off and we don't know how anything would affect the body. Since its dermal it could be anything or nothing. Not much help here.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. MyBuddy

MyBuddy Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Is it raised? Or is it more of a scrape? Does it seem to be spreading? I'd be curious to see what your vet says. It does look odd.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. it has a bit of raise but you’d have to look really good to notice it. It hasn’t spread anymore from the second picture. But definitely spread from when it first appeared. It does seem like it’s sore to the touch though

11. Tropicalbri's

Tropicalbri's $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

It looks like an ulceration. I would definitely get him in to the Vet

12. you think so? I googled it cause I didn’t know what that was or what it looked like and they seem like really large bumps and 10x worse then what he has. I’m hoping it isint that or gets to that point. He will be seeing a vet!
    When inside it’s not red and looks more like the first picture but as soon as he goes out in the cold it gets all red and bothered :( here’s a pic I took just now on my lunch break. At least besides the sore he’s looking like a happy boi

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Tropicalbri's

Tropicalbri's $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

I would still get it looked at. That area is prone to bacteria from food he eats or things he sniffs and could easily become infected. Acne/pimples normally appear on the chin and not on the upper lips.
    Could he have touched a caustic substance? As I write this I have to remind myself you are up in cold country and I am in hot country. I remember as a kid sticking my tongue on a metal ice tray (and it stuck). It created a sore on my tongue from ripping off my little tasters and bled like crazy.:spit:
    Maybe he stuck that part of his nose/lips on something metal and jerked back when it stuck and caused that.

14. Yes for sure getting it check out! He’s got an appointment booked :)

I honestly didn’t see him hurt himself or get into anything. But who knows ! Turn your back on a puppy for 2 seconds and they can get into a whole lot Lool.

As far as the cold maybe causing his skin to stick to metal or something I don’t think it’s too cold yet. (Thank god I hate winter) aha

I’ll keep everyone posted on what they say!

• Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  15. luckybeemer

luckybeemer Jr Member

I came home after a 12hour shift to find this on my girl....I think it is a result of her apparently having a hissy fit in her crate between the hours of my husband's lunch break and his returning home after work. Could yours be the same?
    Not the best pic...I thought I took one from a top view angle

Attached Files:

16. hmmmm it is hard to tell. Mine looks a tad blistered id say. Here’s some close ups

Attached Files:

17. Rodyboy

Rodyboy Jr Member

I think you are right, that looks like a scrape from the cage. :groan:The hair is scraped away.

18. hmmm interesting. Might be although I have a camera with motion detectors for his crate and he’s never gotten upset in his crate. He’s a rather chill dude aha just naps and suckles on his stuffy :(

I very much just hope it’s a scrape but either way is gonna be a pain in the butt if I have to put ointment on it cause he will just lick anything off aha

Attached Files:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Kaiser2016

Kaiser2016 Active Member

Aww is that how he sleeps? Adorable! Before this camera pic, I would have agreed it was a crate scrape although in a rather unexpected spot, but now, I’m inclined to think he sniffed at something infectious while outside and the infectious material got in through a small scrape or a popped pimple. What a mystery!

20. luckybeemer

luckybeemer Jr Member

I left my girl for approximately 2 hours this am for a dentist appointment. I could hear having a fit once I got to the detached garage......came home to see this. :shock:
    She was on extra pillows today, because she has started peeing in her crate on the days that I work between the times my husband lets her out......so its a constant washing of the crate bedding on my 12hr work days

Attached Files: