1. Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

We lost our Blu boy today.

Discussion in 'Memorials' started by C908, Dec 29, 2018.

1. C908

C908 Member

Thank you everyone for the kind words. I picked Blu up from the funeral home at 1 pm today. This morning I ordered a beautiful urn with a doberman statue on top. It will have an engraved plate on front that looks very nice. Blu will sit on my dresser where I will see him and think about him every day.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 12
    • Like Like x 1
  2. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

I'm so very sorry... :( We all understand how devastating it is and we're here to talk when you want to.

Letting them go is the hardest decision we ever have to make but it's the best one to let them go before they're suffering.

Run free beautiful Blu... :sorrow:

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  3. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

We do the same thing. At first we wanted to scatter their ashes in their favorite place but we realized their favorite place was right here in the home with us.
    Urns all feb 12 sized.jpg

• Appreciation Appreciation x 9
    • Like Like x 1
  4. C908

C908 Member

I think cremation is probably the smart way to go. We never considered it before, I have buried 3 dobies in our backyard. Now we feel like we can't move, not that we want to. At the time when our first one passed we were so devastated that cremation didn't even cross our minds.After burying the first one we didn't give much thought on the other two.All three have granite headstones that look really nice. I was so connected to Blu that I felt he needed to be cremated, he will always be with me. Its nice you have all yours cremated, thank you for sharing the pictures.

5. Gelcoater

Gelcoater Expert ThreadCrapper $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber

I was in tears before the 4th sentence.
    The second Dobe I ever knew was a blue girl. :love:
    Many of us, I included, have experienced something very much like you.
    When I lost my red girl it was as if a piece of me died with her. A feeling of being incomplete.
    After 2 years I still feel incomplete.
    I’ve had many dogs in my lifetime, but only one like her. That once in a lifetime you mention.
    I hope this doesn’t come across wrong but, I think you were blessed.
    Almost 14 years!
    For what it’s worth, you had almost twice as much time as I.

I’m told, by some with more life experience than myself that it is possible to experience more than one, once in a lifetime dog.
    It gives me hope, I hope it gives you some too.
    You have my deepest sympathy and condolences.

It really did help me deal with it by sharing here, and talking with folks who have walked the walk, so to speak.
    A great group of people here.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Jmem

Jmem Novitiate

So Sorry for your loss.

7. C908

C908 Member

Thank you so much for your kind words, I do feel blessed having Blu for almost 14 years. These dogs just do not live long enough, it doesn't seem fair. Funny when I was young it seemed like all dogs lived a long life. At the age I'm at now it seems their lives end so quickly. Sometimes I think a person should never let themselves get so attached because of the pain we must go through when we lose them. I can honestly say that Blu was my Achilles heel. Even though it hurts so much I am so thankful he came into our lives. I don't think I will ever feel the same again, I truly feel a part of me died with him.When I met Blu we had an instant connection and our bond just kept getting stronger and stronger.My wife also loved this dog dearly and I know she is sharing my pain.We will move forward because we must. Our energy will go to our new boy Preacher, he deserves a great life. We have loved each and everyone of our dobies, they are all different and not to be compared. I am very glad I found this forum, as we all share the same passion.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. GennyB

GennyB Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Hold on to that hope. I believe it is entirely possible because I have felt that way about every dog I have ever owned. Are there a few that stand out more than others? Yep but they were all very important in my life at the time. I think dogs find a way to fill a need. Sometimes our needs are just greater at certain points in our life. The dogs in that time tend to stand out.
    My Goober girl came to me at a time when lots went wrong in my life, she was there to see my through. We tried lots of things I never had done before and it bonded us in a way that may never happen again so she will always stand out. But that doesn't mean I loved any other dog less, just differently.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. LifeofRubie

LifeofRubie Notable member

Was heartbroken to see this thread :( Run free sweet Blu :sorrow:

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Archer

Archer Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

So very sorry for your loss. Run fast and free Blu... We are here if you need us.