Updates on Vito!

JustJon

Jr Member
What’s up Doberman Fam!? Been a short while since I’ve been active. Well let’s talk about Vito! Lol. He’s now 16 weeks doing great! Very active and into everything he can be into! In spite of the many toys he’s had he’s grown very fond of playing tug with a rug my wife loves that sits under the entertainment system lol. His athleticism is coming through more and more! I try to find the perfect balance and not allow him to do too much as he is still growing, with that being said. He loves to jump on, off and over things while on walks… we live by the woods and he loves to find old tree stumps to jump over and perch himself on!

We finally got a smooth thing going with ears, knowing they won’t be “perfect” I’m now confident that with consistent posting they will stand! Biggest concern was his health and not having anymore issues after they healed, and we’ve accomplished that so far! I posted a few pics of us out for a short walk… I usually leave his ears down for no longer than 10-15 mins in between posting.

In addition to all of that he’s doing fantastic with training and is super smart. He’s surprisingly more obedient at this age than any other dog I’ve owned! He can be a jerk at times, but an amazing family member to us!

Attachments

• 0C29EA98-D61F-4C85-A06C-8FD181AEB68A.jpeg
    0C29EA98-D61F-4C85-A06C-8FD181AEB68A.jpeg
    16.2 KB · Views: 22
  • BB71D1F2-F9E1-45D2-8AC5-D2B7DEA381D3.jpeg
    BB71D1F2-F9E1-45D2-8AC5-D2B7DEA381D3.jpeg
    695.5 KB · Views: 22
  • 1A6D9202-E1EF-4620-B7A2-ECF9EFFE0398.jpeg
    1A6D9202-E1EF-4620-B7A2-ECF9EFFE0398.jpeg
    713.5 KB · Views: 22
It’s good he isn’t afraid to hop onto things. They do exercises like that in the puppy classes. Sasha failed miserably in the kid’s pool full of plastic balls!😂 He is a cutie.

I remember that age - jumping and crashing around, no cares in the world! Glad you stopped in to give us an update.
I try to find the perfect balance and not allow him to do too much as he is still growing, with that being said. He loves to jump on, off and over things while on walks… we live by the woods and he loves to find old tree stumps to jump over and perch himself on!
I think most of us agree here that as long as there isn't forced exercise (trotting along a bicycle for instance), the puppy hikes are OK. If he bounces around and then wants to stop and sniff or plop down for 3 minutes, he's self regulating, so it's all good. He looks terrific, and most importantly, he looks happy and bright!

Sounds like he is doing great! When he runs back to you like in that middle picture, make sure to reward him for coming. Recall training is a must.

Back