Ugh... Time to get off my butt...

hrd2gt

Ok... so I have had all sorts of crazyness going on where I havent been able to do a agility show in ages... not to mention they have gotten pretty pricy when you add gas and hotel... well now that I am in Houston, there are a lot more shows here that I should be able to hit up... I really need to get Blue in some shows as he is in his prime and we need to get qualified for 2012 AKC Invitational (I do every even year) Not to mention get Karma up and running too as she is my upcoming superstar. I went online and looked at our points progression... and just CRINGED at the amount of work I got ahead of me, LOL

Blue right now has 8 Double Q's and 954 points.. which means we need 12 double q's to get before we get our MACH2... we are a points dog, so we already got our 750 pts needed and are working towards MACH3 on points already, LOL... damn fast dogs!

Karma is still working on her Masters Titles...so we need 9 legs in Standard... and 7 legs in Jumpers... she has 93 pts already... so overall she just needs 20 double q's and 657 pts to get her MACH... ouch...

I did enter a show here in Houston thats a big 4 day conformation and other events show... its a bit expensive so I only entered Blue and for the weekend. Kind of want to check it out since I have never done it before and he and his crate are small so I can run in and its not a huge project. Ironically enough, I probably will do some shows in SA just because they are cheaper and I can stay with my dad :) Dont worry! Karma will have her days!!

Your dogs are going to be happy to get back out there and with your previous success I'm sure it will be a piece of cake to get your points where you need them.

Good luck!

I have to admit my ignorance. A lot of that went right over my head. But it does sound like you guys have a long journey ahead of you. Good luck!

I have to admit my ignorance. A lot of that went right over my head. But it does sound like you guys have a long journey ahead of you. Good luck!
Haha, you and me both! Sorry, I'm not a show person but despite my ignorance in all the 'point systems' I love to see someone have fun and progress in their venue! :goodluck: hrd ! I know your dogs enjoy this so much and so do you! Go get 'em!

yea, it took me years to figure it out... and i never read the manuals... LOL but its not to bad... basically in agility there are 5 titles you can earn novice, open, excellent, excellent B (points start in this level) and masters. then there are two rings Standard (has the aframe, see saw, table) and Jumpers... You have to qualify 3 times in each to get a title in it, so three legs in jumpers and standards, you get novice title... then start over and get three legs again... and you get open... then three again you get Ex A... three again... ExB then you need 10 legs to get your masters. once your in exB, you start to collect points for ever second under course time (judge determines that by distance the dogs run) so to get your MACH which is master agility championship you need 750 points... and you have to qualify in BOTH jumpers and standard runs in the same day... very hard with fast dogs... unfortunately for me. once you get that you can keep on and keep getting MACH... there are some MACH 13 dogs in this town... talk about doing EVERY show. the MACH in agility is kind of like a CH in conformation.

in OB i think its called the OTCH... which is just rediculously hard to get... i have only HEARD what it takes to get that and was like amazed. i dont know enough to explain that though :)

Blue had a perfect weekend, got DQ 10... so 10 more... i am not even keeping track of the points... damn dog averages 18 pts a run... they are stacking up like crazy..

Back