Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Thoughts on ear crop?

Discussion in 'Doberman Talk and Discussions' started by HakuTheDoberman, May 14, 2019.

1. Atingles10

Atingles10 Member

SO DARN CUTE!! :love:

2. HakuTheDoberman

HakuTheDoberman Jr Member

Been posting his ears for a week now and only used a bridge for a day of two cause I found when they were In the posts they were standing up. Not inward either and not leaning outwards. Pretty much straight up. Changing the posts today though and seem to be coming inward. I know it’s only his first week of posting but just curious if you guys think I maybe need to pull up on the ear more or even add a bumper to help? Or if it’s early so it will improve aha

Attached Files:

3. Lizbeli

Lizbeli $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber

Yep I would deff add bumpers and make sure you really put that post deep and pull the ear up as much as you can without hurting him.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

I can't really tell if he's developing pockets from the angle but it's good you stopped using the center brace.

5. HakuTheDoberman

Fair ! Aha I’m at work and it’s the picture my boyfriend sent me. When I get home I’ll take a closer up picture and check for pockets

• Like Like x 2
  6. JS10

JS10 New Member

Our boys turned out great! It’s getting harder and harder to find vets that will do it though.

Attached Files:

7. HakuTheDoberman

Ok so here are his ears. I think they both have a bit of a pocket but I think the one with the scab at the tip more so. Due to the fact I’ve not been able to tape the tip and having troubling pulling up as far. Another thing I noticed is one is longer then the other. :( is this fixable by just pulling up more on the one or does it seem more like the crop on one was just done longer then the other? As far as the scab I’m concerned it won’t heal properly and make his tip a different shape then the other :( which isint that big of a deal more concerned about different length ears aha

Attached Files:

8. HakuTheDoberman

And here’s when he’s “alert”

Attached Files:

• Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  9. RexsMom

RexsMom Member

Wow that last picture, hubba hubba! :love: I don't think you need to add bumpers yet. My boy's ears went inwards in the beginning, can't say when they went normal. It was within the first month of posting though.

Picture is him first week after posting, looking so derpy!

Attached Files:

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. HakuTheDoberman

Aha thank you! He is a very handsome boy I love him

Adorable picture he is so cute <3 will keep an eye on his posting and if it Dosent improve I’ll add the bumper but I’ll hold of for now!:) thank you