1. Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

the wealthy stray

Discussion in 'Rescue & Adoption' started by zoorox, Aug 10, 2009.

1. MyBuddy

MyBuddy Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Well, I can see some truth to that but no bones sticking out, please! I can see long and lean and all muscle but geez, when there are bones showing, it drive me nuts. They just look hungry!

2. Apollo

Apollo Novitiate

slim and skinny are two different things and this dog is skinny,if i can count the rips,then its to skinny and my grandpa had racing horses and sure they were slimmer then a regular horse,but not skinny,you couldn't count their rips,thats for sure.

3. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

It made me crazy when a horse "trainer" around here got the notion in everyone's head that the horse has to be skin and bones to behave... His theory must have been if the horse was skinny enough it just didn't have the gumption to fight back. I almost cried when I went to the show barns those few years and saw starving horses, all because one ass had so much clout... :nono: And most of these horses were Quarter Horses that were bred to be muscular and stocky....

4. MyBuddy

And that's exactly what they think! Don't feed them so they are weak! grrrrrrrrrrrrr The trainer/breeder I got my horses from feed very well and even fattens some up while they are there. He just won't do a lot of grain but he gives them all the hay they want. He knows they need the extra for all the workout they get. A trainer keeping them skinny is no trainer in my book. :mad:

5. hrd2gt

hrd2gt Well-Known Member

I agree, i have seen field working dogs, and they arent starved skinny, they are a complete diff body type all together... more greyhound shaped is a way to compare the body diff. Sounded like this guy was just super skinny.

• Like Like x 1
  6. zoorox

zoorox Notable member

this dog was way skinny.......the picture doesnt even show it well........I think because of the coat color. but I could lay my fingers almost 2 deep into the gaps between his ribs. the story was told at the rescue meeting and I got hate mail from several folks who told me it WASNT the rich folks dog......I sent them the tag number and told them to call the courthouse lol!!! gezzzzzz

7. Apollo

Apollo Novitiate

YOU GOT WHAT????:eek:
    thats unbelieveble,there you can see money talks.dang.
    any news from the dog?

8. MyBuddy

I don't get it? Why are they sending YOU hate mail? Because you said it was these rich peoples' dog?

9. zoorox

zoorox Notable member

yes they where defending the rich folks...........said there was no way it was there dog lol!

no news on the dog......

10. MLR

MLR Novitiate

Some people just have nothing better to do with their time than to criticize someone for caring. Kind of makes you wonder about that particular rescue group doesn't it? Keep up the good work you do Zoo. I love seeing the dobes you've rescued blossom under your care. :)

11. BreesMom

BreesMom Novitiate

My feelings exactly!!!

12. hall.christopher

hall.christopher Novitiate

Its people like that are up ther own backside and to busy for a poor dog! Little fella needs some luv and attention

13. Apollo

Apollo Novitiate

i been thinking of the dog so many times and hope he is doing better and that someone finally takes care of him.shesssssshhhhhhhhhh, you really would think with all that money, it wouldn't be to hard to take care of him.