1. Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

the wealthy stray

Discussion in 'Rescue & Adoption' started by zoorox, Aug 10, 2009.

1. MyBuddy

MyBuddy Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

:woohoo1: Way to go ! Keep your eyes open, Zoo!

2. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Oh man, that hits me way below the belt knowing how sweet GSP's are, and when assholes like that have no concern for living creatures it makes me sick to my stomach.... :cuss:

As the others stated, I really hope he makes a break for it again and is lucky enough to have you find him. He will get a good home....

3. JstLovesErnie

JstLovesErnie Notable member

I'm serious as a heart attack...he shows up again and he will be in the UP before they know he's missing. I have no patience for people like that - he's such a beautiful boy too...

• Like Like x 1
  4. JstLovesErnie

One of the last litters I produced - I sold a puppy to an Attorney and his family. Kids - fenced in yard - the wife was home all day.... I "thought" he was going to a good home. 1 year later - and mind you I had it in my contract if the dog did not work out he was to absolutely come back to me) I get a phone call from this "trainer person" in CANADA - to come and get my piece of shit dog - that he tried to bite her dad! I show up - two hours later to get my dog - pisssed does NOT describe me at this point - it's a wonder there wasn't a multiple murder in Canada - and she proceeds to tell me her "Dad" was going to KICK the dog - missed and hit the wall and broke his foot!
    I found out the butt head Attorney let his kids pull the ears and tail and harass the dog while in the crate (you can bet your ass they got a phone call from me when I got home) and BIG surprise - when he growled they left him alone.... lets teach the dog aggression...
    They let him into the yard with the "Kids from hell" and he bit one... (good for him)...
    He went on to go to Westminsters.....so much for people....I quit breeding after that - no more. I was too afraid of where they were going and who was getting them. I did my best - I interviewed... contract - you name it and this is what happened... luck is the only reason I got him back.

• Like Like x 1
  5. MyBuddy

I guess this is seeing 'the other side'. The breeders side. And sometimes it sure ain't pretty! When you care about where your dogs are going, you go through a tough interview. When you think they 'pass' and you still go through this, it's pretty discouraging. This was a pretty sad case. These people did not understand what it means to be a dog owner. Thank God you got the dog out of there. I would find it very hard to be a breeder for the same reasons. There's so much cruelty out there and so many people that just don't give a crap.

6. Kponza

Kponza New Member

Breaks my heart and makes me very sad. I will never understand "why"

7. MLR

MLR Novitiate

Oh my gosh, Zoo. How far do these people live from you? Be careful. Love you. I know this will turn out right in the end with you on it.

8. zoorox

zoorox Notable member

they are a country mile or so away.....I drive past the house almost everyday.....the horse farm....if the old man was telling the truth the dog wont be going back to the horse farm. but to the mothers home instead. but really I am afraid for the dog.....no telling what they might do with him. our collage extention is called the grahl center.....our fair buildings.....its just crazy! I am afraid to smear them too much for fear the dog will just disapear. poor guy......it just makes me so mad.........and mostly sad

9. burlysoldier

burlysoldier Member

Lure the dog out with a deer costume then keep it.

10. Apollo

Apollo Novitiate

:rofl:

our get the biggest sausage or steak you can find,so thin the poor guy is,he will come running back to you in a heartbeat .

11. MyBuddy

I know how you feel, Zoo. You were trying to do a good thing....and now you're sorry and feel like ya fed him to the wolves. But the fact that they took him back might account for something, like they wanted him,.... I'm hoping anyway. You might even go there and inquire how things are going with him??

12. JstLovesErnie

It was only by accident that I found out - I can't imagine what he went through with those people. I kept him because he was such a beautiful dog - but he was mentally scared from his ordeal. He traveled to shows loose - he had food issues - as in not wanting to eat - he let me do whatever I wanted, but no one else. I can't tell you how many times I held him to me when he would act like psycho dog and just cry....what they did should not have happened to any dog - much less one of mine.
    I used to have a picture of him - I will have to try and find it.

This is him - but it's not the picture I wanted. I was looking for his last show photo...this is him at 12....

[​IMG]

13. MyBuddy

Oh, I thought they called you to come get the dog. Finding out by accident just makes it worse! :mad:

I SO 'get' the fact that a good breeder worries about a good owner!! LOL My first Dobe I was somewhat surprised but yet so respected, the breeder's drill of me! LOL We got to be good friends and I watched as she did it to others and even turned down people! Very good instincts! Like I said, I do not think I am breeder material because I would be scared to part with any of the puppies!! :scared:

14. Apollo

Apollo Novitiate

me too ;)

15. hrd2gt

hrd2gt Well-Known Member

girl, you should leak the story or something, news people love that kinda stuff... rich...but starves their dogs.

16. BreesMom

BreesMom Novitiate

I agree with hrd, you need to leak the story, embarass the hell out of that rich dog starving fool!!!!

17. MyBuddy

Makes ME cry just reading that. I would feel the same way. :(
    He was a beautiful dog, even at 12.

18. JstLovesErnie

I found out from the person they dumped him on..not from the people I sold him to... he was not to be handed off to anyone. If he did not work out he was to come back to me.... that was the surprise. I had heard nothing - nothing at all from the people that bought him.

Before you guys go off and contact the newspaper... people that are seriously into hunting dogs like them thin and lean...he is just "right" to those that "hunt" dogs... like I told you - the GSP forum called Chipper "fat"....while we are appalled at his looks and the ribs and the hips... it would not be a problem to someone that hunts on a regular basis....

19. MyBuddy

Wow, that's a surprise. Way to lean for me, but thanks for the 'heads up', jst.

20. JstLovesErnie

It was the same way with the race horses.... made me nuts. They like them thin (to me it's called skinny) but they want the horses and dogs thin for running. They feel that the extra weight is fat and hinders their ability to stay out in the field and work... you should see some of the Plott Hounds that they use for Bear hunting.. they look awful... nothing but skin and bones to me...but - that is how they like the hunting dogs...