1. Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Female Greta Goober

Average User Rating:
5/5,
Breeder/Kennel:
unknown
Legal Owner/s:
Genny B
  1. AresMyDobie

AresMyDobie Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

I'm so sorry you are going through this :( it's so hard coming to terms. When I lost my golden I was devasted, I couldn't look at anything that reminded me of him. When I thought I was ok I went to the vet to pick up my good boys paw print ( I always called him my good boy.) and just burst into tears at the vet. I sat in my car a long time crying holding it and tracing his big ol paw. I probably sat there for over and hour trying to collect myself to drive. I stil get choked up when I talk about him, when it was just Deegan and I, I swore I heard that familiar jingle of his tags and would just cry but it was like I knew he was there telling me he didn't hurt anymore. I loved that silly dog and it will always hurt having him gone but eventually the sadness is replaced with all the loving memories we shared together. I can now look at pics of that big goofy face and laugh remembering what we did that day. Greta was a special girl and she will live on through you and everything she taught you. I know one thing I truly admired about Tucker was the abundance of patients he had for everyone and anything. <3

• Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  2. GennyB

GennyB Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

It's hard to believe we get through this and then volunteer to do it again.
    My hardest time is the mornings. I'm an early riser and nobody else is. Greta would get up with me for some snuggle time.That time was exclusively ours.
    Drake is trying, he gets up but it's not long before he looks at me with the sorry but it's just too early. Off he goes to the comfy bed....little turd.

• Empathetic Empathetic x 2
  3. MyBuddy

MyBuddy Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

That was heart wrenching and funny at the same time. "Little Turd". :spit:I guess empathetic fits the bill. ;)

• Like Like x 2
  4. GennyB

So Drake doesn't like to be called a turd. This morning he got up with me and stayed this time. :cool:

• Like Like x 6
  5. GennyB

Well today marks 4 weeks and Tuesday will be the one month mark. Is it any better? Depends on the day or even the moment. Sometimes I can think of her and have nothing but a smile and the next tears. I do have to say the tears are less because somewhere in my heart or mind, not sure which, I know we had success. All I ever wanted for her was to be the best she could be. I think we did that. Over all she had a great life and loved living it. She was happy, just look at her pictures. Her joy at life just jumps out and grabs you...I'm proud of that. :biggrin:

• Appreciation Appreciation x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Empathetic Empathetic x 1
  6. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

She absolutely did have the best life a dog could ask for and I agree that she was such a happy and proud girl. She could have never had that chance if it weren't for you.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. GennyB

I like to think I'll have another like her. She really was the perfect dog for me. Everything you could want all wrapped up in one big ole package.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. GennyB

[​IMG]

• Appreciation Appreciation x 4
    • Pure Genius! Pure Genius! x 1
  9. Viemarangelrock

Viemarangelrock Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

^^ oh my gosh, this is beautiful! :sorrow:

10. RiverRat

RiverRat Jr Member

Greta was a beautiful girl. I understand your loss and share the pain of not having your little buddy next to you all the time. I really don't believe the pain ever goes away. You just learn to live with it. :paw:

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. GennyB

Thank you. She was a pretty girl with the most beautiful soul I have ever met, human or animal.
    It hasn't been 2 months yet and part of me is celebrating her life but most of me is still broken hearted. Praying for the day the thought of her just brings a smile. Yet I know there will always be this little pang that hurts and always will.

12. FredC

FredC Guest

COuldnt agree more..excpet im sefish and want a do over..
    And here in lines my problem.. There will never be another Mars or Greta.I just have to figure out how to be content knowing i was blessed enough to share my life with such an amazing companion.. I can only explain how much losing nim hurts to others who have went through it themselves.. I want him back so bad and worry that any replacement wont measure up.. Mars did something for me no other thing could replicate.. He made me feel super human.. Its like how the source of Samson's strength came from his hair,mine came from my Red companion. I ant explain it, its just how it is..

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Pure Genius! Pure Genius! x 1
  13. GennyB

OMG! When I first read this I had to walk away. I lost it....big time! It took a minute to compose myself enough to reply.
    I have some people telling me that there must be something wrong with me because I am still so broken up over a dog. Sometimes it takes all the strength I have not to just knock the living :censored: right out of them.
    If only these people were half of what Greta or Mars were...

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. GennyB

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. GennyB

It was two months ago today. I still have moments like it was yesterday.
    I do have to say that I'm so proud of my boy. He has stepped up like he understands it's all up to him. Those 2 were such a team and they worked together to make sure all was safe around here. We were outside yesterday when someone walked by with their dog. Of course he had to let the dog know this is his yard and took off toward the fence. I saw him look back for his buddy that is no longer there and it made me cry.
    In the beginning Drake lost about 9 pounds but has gained it all back plus some. Thankfully warm weather is here so the activity level will go up so I'm not worried about the extra weight.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 2
  16. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Oh man that would break my heart too but it takes so much time when a dog has been in our lives so long.

• Like Like x 1
  17. MyBuddy

MyBuddy Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Brought instant tears here too! Just reading that. :(

• Like Like x 2
  18. FredC

FredC Guest

2 months already. I understand how those milestones can make you feel. Kali will be the same age as Mars when he passed away this coming Saturday. I know she will be fine but Im dreading it personally. Kind of feel like an idiot because it's been months and I still can't get it together. It's not like I run around ball in all day long but the urge hits me every day. I wish I had strong faith so I could be sure that we will someday be reunited. Nothing is the same anymore. The worst thing about honoring Mars memory is feeling like I am cheating Kali. I love that dog equally as much as I ever loved Mars but for very different reasons. She's very different without Mars. But making awesome progress in becoming a confidant well adjusted companion and the best snuggler ever.

• Empathetic Empathetic x 2
  19. GennyB

That's where I'm at. Certain things happen or I see something that triggers a serious wave of emotion and it sucks!

Yep, Drake is a completely different dog, not better, not worse, just different. Greta was a calm little sweetheart just would be happy just curled up on you. Drake on the other hand is an enthusiastic dog that prefers to distract you into feeling better. He is tons of fun and yes, I feel like I have cheated him of late because I am distracted by my pain.

• Empathetic Empathetic x 3
  20. GennyB

So today Drake and I head out to Bark in the Park. It's an annual event that we have been doing for years. We go in a working capacity, the dogs, try to help people to understand the importance of training because it helps with bonding leading to a less likely chance of surrendering your dog. You guys all know my feeling about that.
    I haven't run into many people that didn't know I lost my girl for awhile. Well today I did. OMG! It was like losing her all over again. The questions, the condolences and tears from people that have know her just put me over the edge.........

We had to leave, I couldn't do it. :(

• Empathetic Empathetic x 9
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 2