1. Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Female Greta Goober

Average User Rating:
5/5,
Breeder/Kennel:
unknown
Legal Owner/s:
Genny B
  1. GennyB

GennyB Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Goodbye Sweet Goober

It"s a sad day at my house. We said goodbye to one of the most beautiful souls I have ever known. She stood at my side for just over 9 years. Always ready to do what I asked, to fiercely protect me and show me she loved me.

Sweet Goober, in the beginning, I watched you from afar. You belonged to someone else and I knew someday you would be mine. When you did come home, so sick and broken, not once did I hear you whine. Your courage through adversity showed who you were. I knew I had just begun a journey for the ages.
    I watched you grow into a confident girl, a beauty in your own special way.
    When I was sick, you laid at my side, reminding me, and sometimes pushing me to get better.
    When life threw curve balls, you showed me it was going to be okay.
    When my heart was broken, you helped me heal
    You were the dog I needed, and more. You were obedient, protective, loyal and oh so loving.
    I will be forever grateful you were in my life....
    Run free beautiful girl, I'll always love you....

• Empathetic Empathetic x 6
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  2. Doberman Gang

Doberman Gang Hot Topics Subscriber

Sorry to hear, you are in our thoughts and prayers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Gelcoater

Gelcoater Expert ThreadCrapper $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber

:( Oh I'm so sorry.
    After all the stories we have heard over the years it's like we all lost a family member.

Run free.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. AresMyDobie

AresMyDobie Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

:sorrow: I'm so very sorry for your loss, she was a truly special girl and she will always live on in your heart. There's no words to describe the beauty in her sole and how she touched so many lives for the better. She will always be with you no matter what. She loved you dearly and you did all you could. She knew you gave her a chance and the perfect life. Run free precious Greta you will be missed dearly.

• Like Like x 2
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 2
  5. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

We've already chatted about this, but I'm so very sorry Genny. I was honored to have the opportunity to meet her and I know what a sweet and special dog she was.
    She has helped so many people in her life and can now help them on the other side. You gave her the best possible life she could have ever asked for and she'll always love you and be in your heart. She left us with dignity and I know you wouldn't want it any other way.

Run free dear Greta/Goober. :sorrow:

• Like Like x 1
  6. FredC

FredC Guest

:(

Run free proud girl.. :paw:

7. GennyB

Thank you all...
    I really thought I was much better prepared for this....ummm NO!
    I can say since it had to happen, I think the way it did was the best I could ever hope for. Very peaceful and we got the chance to say what we needed to. If there was any pain, it was short lived. She kissed my nose as she took her last breath so I know I made the right decision...she told me so.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 4
  8. salisa826

salisa826 Hot Topics Subscriber

I'm so sorry. My heart goes out to you

9. MyBuddy

MyBuddy Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Aw, Genny..... :*( I'm so sorry to read this. We all knew it was coming but its still always so hard. She was very blessed to have you! You saved her from a horrible situation and gave her the best of the best! And she gave you back 10 fold! You will miss her like crazy, but know in your heart she will stay. I still cry for your loss. She was an awesome companion.

RIP Greta :sorrow:

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Drogon

Drogon $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber

Sorry for your loss

11. GennyB

Some of my favorite pics of my girl
    sure i'll pose for ya.jpeg
    classic goo.jpeg
    Greta, feeling good and looking happy.jpeg
    happy go lucky.jpeg

• Appreciation Appreciation x 7
    • Like Like x 2
  12. TheDoctor'sMom

TheDoctor'sMom Hot Topics Subscriber

I'm so sorry to hear this :(

13. PandoraB

PandoraB Hot Topics Subscriber

I am so very sorry to hear about the loss of Greta. Greta was obviously a special girl and I'm sure you are missing her terribly. She was so lucky to have you - you saved her and gave her a wonderful life. Please try to take comfort in all of the memories.

Rest in peace Greta. <3

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Ingrid H

Ingrid H Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

So sorry to hear this. Greta was a special girl and your experience with her will inform many people on the care of dilute Dobermans in the future.

15. DeniseA

DeniseA Notable member

No words...

16. MischasMomma

MischasMomma Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

I wish I had better words for you... I'm so heartbroken for you, she was so special in so many ways and touched so many lives. She was blessed for you to be her angel, now she is yours. If there's anything you need, even just a listening ear, please let me know :sorrow::(

• Appreciation Appreciation x 2
  17. GennyB

Aww, thanks for that. I feel this need to talk about her, to think back on our life together, like if I don't, I'll forget about her. How silly is that? How could I ever forget the dog that has so much a part of my life for over 9 years?
    This one dog has touched so many lives for the better. The out pour from those people has been amazing.
    My neighbors even cooked dinner for us last night.
    She was an angel sent to me to share.
    Now if I can just get Drake to eat. He knew something was wrong. As we left yeterday to go to the vet, Drake walked up to her and licked her ear, so gentle. Greta turned her head and just nuzzled him like she knew it was goodbye.
    Drake keeps looking for her. He'll just get up and walk around the house, smelling the places she would lay.
    Last night we went out for our last potty. When we came in, Drake waited by the door like she was going to come. He walked around the house, poking his head in all the rooms. He finally came back and laid in my lap . A friend called to offer her condolences and Drake wondered off. I found him curled up in her bed. I couldn't do anything but lay down with him.
    Hopefully today I can find something yummy to put on his food to get him to eat.

18. FredC

FredC Guest

If this isn't in ways the hardest part to go through, i don't know what is... Kali was much the same when Mars passed.. I sometimes think to this day that she is still waiting for him to come home..Strange but for me it turned out we really leaned on each other to get through the tragedy. Today is a very different life for the both of us.. Some good, some bad... I think you and Drake are about to enter in to a new phase of your relationship with each other to.. Kali didn't eat for a couple days either.. Luckily she bulked up when Mars was sick because she was doubling down with his share of kibble.. That extra body weight came in somewhat handy. Today shes back to her normal weight and seems mostly happy with her new found life.. I wouldn't know what to do without her.. I hope you find the same with Drake.. Your words helped me so much when i was going through all this myself that i truly hope to be able to return that favor.. Before i lost my boy i really thought my days here would be numbered.. As it turns out there was no place i wanted to be more.. I still and always will miss by best friend but i try to remember how much he enriched my life for 8 years.. I cant tell you how badly im taking this news.. Greta was also instrumental in helping me heal last November.. I cant get over how these dogs touch our lives and in my case at least how even the ones ive never met have a special magic..Greta was no doubt one of those.. I never know what to say in these situations but in this case i feel like im talking to a kindred spirit..

• Appreciation Appreciation x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  19. MyBuddy

MyBuddy Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

I've always felt that way too. This had me in tears again. It always makes me very so bad when the animals left behind don't understand. It's kind of a double whammy to the heart watching their confusion. :(

• Agree Agree x 4
  20. GennyB

While you were losing Mars, it touched me in a way that is hard to explain. I knew I was going to be experiencing the same thing sooner than I wanted to. I cried and grieved with you because I understood the bond and heartbreak.

I have loved a lot of dogs in my life. But there was something about Greta. She had a sixth sense, almost a need to make people feel better. She could worm her way into the coldest heart.
    I love my Draker dude. He is such a cool dog. Always makes me laugh with his antics. I am looking forward to a whole new journey with my boy. He is the essence of my girl. She helped me raise him and taught him well. At this point I am not sure if he is grieving for his loss or mine.

I shed a lot of tears yesterday....or least I thought I did. Today is worse. That mean old reality has hit and I now realize she is gone forever. I go from uncontrollable tears to smiles at the beautiful memories she left me with.
    One of those memories is Heather. The beautiful little girl that my dogs helped over the human rainbow bridge. How ironic that a brain tumor took them both. When we first met Heather and her family, Heather fell for Drake and all his silliness. It wasn't long until Heather was gripped by Greta's magic. As I watched my dogs lay in the bed of that dying child, I remember realizing that I was right, I had a special girl. I watched her lay her head across Heather, so gentle and kind. I somehow knew she passed that special something on to Drake. He seemed to follow her lead. That experience bonded all of us in a way that will never happen again. I sometimes wonder if that was Greta passing the torch because it changed Drake. He was somehow calmer, more mature. That was a life changing event for all 3 of us.
    Her paw prints are so seared into my heart, you can probably see them. I know I feel them.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1