1. Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

The Institute of Canine Biology The Doberman is in Serious Trouble

Discussion in 'Doberman Health and News Articles' started by Apollo's Dobermom, Mar 12, 2017.

1. Oh Little Oji

Oh Little Oji Formerly Tad Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Welcome, by the way, Fox Hound person. One thing you will find about this Doberman forum is we try to be civil and kind. You don't know me from Adam and you come in here handing me a "disagree" and wording things in a rather curt fashion. Yes, I am fully aware that the Doberman was developed by using a variety of other breeds.

• Agree Agree x 8
  2. TrueEnglishFoxhound

TrueEnglishFoxhound New Member

Thanks for the greeting. Sorry if I was blunt, but I can't stand purity at the expense of dogs. At least we are not as bad as bull terriers. They were depleted first when cropping was outlawed and naturally pricked ears developed. Then they were split into colored and white. Then three sizes, standard, mini, and toy(toy is now extinct.) Then, finally, from normal to egghead. This heavy selection now means he is the most inbred of all breeds(Even more than that famous genetic wreck, the bulldog!)

• Like Like x 1