• Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”

Studs!!!!!

If he's for sale something isn't right. Happy New Years Stud Dog Enthusiasts. Graff was a very important dog in the present breedings, a well balanced look and successful dog. VON.

no my friend...in this case it has nothing to do with ear thickness..
From what i see....the ears were not posted properly and neglected in wrong position..they both lean inwards...the crop size also looks short for a show prospect dog and it might even be possible they were originally longer but because of the posting failure they were recropped to minimize the damage..

totally agree with you Iceman and VV you are right too, if he is for sale, something isn't well ;)

Heres one of my favorites, controversey in regards to health from the Seven Sires is well documented and he's the most famous of the Seven! Dictator V. Glenhugel. VON.

Thanks the video has been on the net for some time, great to see Peggy's smile she was a wonderfull lady who knew this breed inside and out. As for Dictator the famous pic of him standing alone is my favorite. Beautifull head and a full lower jaw. Great look! Thanks Iceman. VON.

Beautiful, even at 10 years old!! Choked me up for some reason.......

I felt the same way...he is still stunning at ten....and I kinda felt choked up....I dunno felt like looking at one of kind......like something we wouldn't see again????????

"I dont like it when they say prepare. Means the dog needs training for something that is natural "

Clearly you have not a clue about this. You cannot TRAIN a BASICALLY PROPLEMATIC DOG (genetically) to pass ZTP. Many tried - almost noone passed.
The "prepare" is proper sosialization and attack training, ONLY.
Unsosialized dogs cannot pass anything - the species "canis" is programed by nature to be fearful to everything that he was not introduced properly between 40 days and 3 months.
The sosialization must continue, but it is not training.
As for the attacks - there is a technique to be learned, true, BUT as every trainer can tell you, a dog that doesnt bite for genetic reasons, CANNOT learn ANY technique - he will not bite anyway.
ZTP is a basic test and it also tests trainability - the claims about "natural" ZTP (without any expose of the dogs in stimuli before ) are ridiculus and completely amateur.

The dog can participate if he is over 15 months old.
The attack training usually starts when the dog is about 4 months old, but a normal dog can start in almost any age.Sosialization is the most important thing of a preparation. Unsosialized animals almost never bite well.

Socialization is not training. A dog that bites, bites with 2-3 trainings. A problematic true cannot pass easily. Sometimes can be cheated though

No. it cannot - a dog can bite or no. But ZTP doesnt search a dog which bites like a champ. It is a basic test which just elimimates the unsuitable.
ZTP is a BREEDING eligibility test with 2 parts. Conformation and temperament test.

yep Kevin it is and if everybody had read the link i posted, everybody would know...ZTP its Called ZUCHT TAUGLICHKEITS PRUEFUNG, breeding temperaments test :p

Back