South Texas Wildflowers... Photo Heavy! but worth it!

hrd2gt

To think... I ALMOST didnt go take pics!! I been talking about going and taking pics all week, and didnt go yesterday when I got off work (OT)... and today I was at work again for few hours... came home... and said, screw let me go find some flowers!!

My friend and her dad joined me... and we got to a town called Pleasanton... then I had to break down and call my friend... to give me my coworkers # who lives down there... who I spent all week saying I was gonna visit her... LOL she didnt take me serious! But it was easier to go to her house to take pics than to break onto someones property or try to take pics on the side of the highway. I only took the dobes cuz i wasnt sure if I was gonna find any. Needless to say, mother nature didnt disappoint!!!

I grew up in hawaii.... but hawaii aint got nothing on this. :) Enjoy!

This is the view across the street from her house.... aint this something..
DSC_0960.jpg

DSC_0962.jpg

Next door..
DSC_0970.jpg

DSC_0971.jpg

We went across the street to take pictures of the dogs... the neighbors were super nice, lol
DSC_0974.jpg

Karma is always spectacular..
DSC_0978.jpg

Fate is almost there :)
DSC_0981.jpg

DSC_0984.jpg

brat....
DSC_0985.jpg

Fate got really upset at this horse... it was hilarious, when I let her out of the car, this horse came running up to us to check us out... then they faced off... I called Fate, and the horse turned around and ran away! Was so silly, lol
DSC_0980.jpg

My friends dogs. This is Cookie, just as sickenly photogenic as Karma is...
DSC_0998.jpg

and her future agility phenom Luke..
DSC_1006.jpg

Some kinda prickly poppy i think...
DSC_0038.jpg

CLASSIC TEXAS
DSC_0031-1.jpg

Blue Bonnets :)
DSC_0026-1.jpg

?????????
DSC_0029.jpg

Oh my god that is beautiful. I have never seen anything like that! It doesn't even look real. All the dogs look fantastic as well, I especially love the last picture.

What beautiful scenery to look out on every day hrd. Are those Texas Bluebells? Who's butt is that sticking out from under the car? lol Wonderful pictures. Thanks for sharing. :)

They are Blue Bonnets. And I have NO IDEA what the hell Karma was doing under that Jeep, LOL... she was like that for 2-4 minutes tho!!

Wouldn't you like to be able to read their minds for even just a few minutes. lol. I don't know what motivates them sometimes to do the things they do. And they're so proud of their accomplishments, too, even if we don't understand the purpose of them. :)

Beautiful pictures hrd!! The flowers are all so pretty!! The dogs are all gorgeous too!! Gosh so many wildflowers....our fields only have a few flowering weeds lol!

I always loved the blue bonnets in Texas. Great pictures, Karma looks beautiful and the last picture of Fate is really good. Makes me homesick.

Karma is always spectacular..
DSC_0978.jpg
You ain't kidding......this is ....gosh, I can't even describe it....just a spectacular picture!!! Unbelievable photos, hrd, just beautiful, all of them. What a display of flowers! Thank you so much for taking the time to share with us!!! I'm awestruck! :eek:

Spectacular just gorgeous.....those pic's would make some nice calendars too.....thanks for sharing those with us Northern folks who still see......ah nothing!!!!!

Wow, that is just gorgeous hrd! I'm so glad you decided to go take them too - it sure give me spring fever...

I agree, set some of those aside for the calendar. :)

Love it!!! I missed flowers... we don't have any yet :(

Your dogs in the flowers field are AWESOME!
The last shot is so much FUN.

Thank you for sharing. It made my day :)

Back