Random photo of the day - 2018 - post yours!

Status
Not open for further replies.
She’s now a healthy ten years old, but Odyssey was a force to be reckoned with in her hey day! She still goes on hikes with the boys and keeps up just fine, but she will get a little sore afterwards and her hearing isn’t so good.

B3237FD3-284E-431D-8BAB-B00020827629.jpeg

She’s now a healthy ten years old, but Odyssey was a force to be reckoned with in her hey day! She still goes on hikes with the boys and keeps up just fine, but she will get a little sore afterwards and her hearing isn’t so good.

View attachment 90443

It's so awesome to see healthy weight bullies! Especially older ones. So many people turn them into barrels on stumps and it's sad, seeing as how athletic they are naturally.

Yesterday Jazz had a play date with a 12 month old Kelpie x boy. He actually ended up outlasting Jazzies energy!
jazz0189.JPG jazz0197.JPG
Jazz is saying "Enough Already" Barney is still go, go, go!
She impressed me with her ability to stop play without any aggression. A look, a bit of a grunt, and then she just stuck her nose straight up in the air and refused to engage.

She’s gained a little weight since then, but she’s still in pretty good shape for her age. She has that typical bulldog tenacity, even if she shouldn’t she’s gonna keep going til she can’t. It’s a little sad she can’t hear me even if I’m yelling from fifteen feet away, I’ve resorted to jumping around trying to visually attract her attention lol. When she notices she’s just like “huh, who me? Ok I’m comin..” lol

Went on a little hike yesterday, most of it in circles around the campground looking for the trailhead. Never found it by the way, and also forgot my leashes and had to drive all the way back out!!

You can see her in her own world down the trail, oblivious, while the boys are coming to my call.
7FC64B1E-9C22-416A-91CA-525FFFEB04E6.jpeg 8898C8DF-50E8-4343-831C-7C3AF326A590.jpeg

She’s gained a little weight since then, but she’s still in pretty good shape for her age. She has that typical bulldog tenacity, even if she shouldn’t she’s gonna keep going til she can’t. It’s a little sad she can’t hear me even if I’m yelling from fifteen feet away, I’ve resorted to jumping around trying to visually attract her attention lol. When she notices she’s just like “huh, who me? Ok I’m comin..” lol

Went on a little hike yesterday, most of it in circles around the campground looking for the trailhead. Never found it by the way, and also forgot my leashes and had to drive all the way back out!!

You can see her in her own world down the trail, oblivious, while the boys are coming to my call.
View attachment 90450 View attachment 90451

Java is having similar hearing problems at almost 12. Its tough because before with hearing, she was very quick and you needed to get her focused before she went off and did something her way. Now shes still got the same motto but less hearing, oh boy, lol. Have you thought about using the vibrate function on an ecollar to get her attention?

I haven’t, but that’s a good idea! My boyfriend suggested getting her a hearing aid lol. Seriously though he’s been big into hunting lately and they have a thing that goes in your ear to enhance your hearing. I haven’t seen it so not sure how well it would work, if it would work for a dog but he seems to think it would.

It’s a little sad she can’t hear me even if I’m yelling from fifteen feet away, I’ve resorted to jumping around trying to visually attract her attention lol. When she notices she’s just like “huh, who me? Ok I’m comin..”
I teach them hand signals along with a verbal command starting when they're pups and it is very helpful when their hearing starts going. Of course they have to be facing you for it to work but it's just a habit I've gotten into. Of course I automatically use those hand signals on people coming through the checkpoint too but that's probably not the worst thing when some don't speak English. LOL

I can't believe it! Bought home a new stuffie to put on Jazzies flirt pole. She is great at disemboweling her stuffed toys and a moving one even better! As I unpacked the shopping bag she noticed it. She used all her powers of persuasion, looking deep into my eyes while sitting nicely, (wriggly bum sit!), a glance at the toy and back to my eyes. I caved, and gave it to her thinking there would be a snow storm in about 3 minutes. She took it to her bed, mouthed it all over, found it had a squeaker and squeaked it a bit, and then this....................! :love: jazz0199.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back