Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Random photo of the day - 2018 - post yours!

Discussion in 'The Pet Post (Non Doberman)' started by LifeofRubie, Jan 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brioddy

Brioddy Notable member

Wait...
    2018-10-07_21.24.14.jpg

Go!
    2018-10-07_21.23.19.jpg

• Like Like x 8
    • Wow x 2
  2. Oh Little Oji

Oh Little Oji Formerly Tad Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Our morning walk today shone a nice light on little Oji. Here's my boy all matured up at 4 years, 2 months. Maybe.
    GB4yr2mo2wkStandHarness.JPG GB4yr2mo2wkStandHarness2.JPG GB4yr2mo2wkStandHarnessCloser.JPG GB4yr2mo2wkStandHarnessCloser2.JPG

• Like Like x 9
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 2
    • Wow x 1
  3. MyBuddy

MyBuddy Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Very handsome! Nice profile on his face, beautiful ears and nice conformation. And what a shine on that coat!:thumbsup:

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  4. jazzies mum

jazzies mum Notable member

He's so elegant. Just oozes regal qualities. Bet he isn't regal all the time though, they seem to all have a good dose of goofy and devilish in there as well. :devil: I don't use a harness other than as a safety restraint in the car, but isn't that naked neck just so beautiful!

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. Brioddy

Brioddy Notable member

It's finally supposed to cool off a bit this week! There's tons of leaves on the ground but not a whole lot in the way of the trees colors, and definitely not with the highs staying around 90! The dogs still enjoy themselves (of course).

2018-10-07_21.43.05.jpg 2018-10-07_21.47.07.jpg 2018-10-07_20.34.23.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  6. Tropicalbri's

Tropicalbri's $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

This is the look I get when I tell Bogie NO.
    I call it his WHY?!? look. E839085A-D04E-47B5-9E9B-E9A7F36B1A03.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Like Like x 4
  7. Tropicalbri's

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Tropicalbri's

Bogie has been bringing me things he puts in his mouth so I started putting them in the platter downstairs. This is from 2 days. At least he isn’t eating the darn rocks but he sure is collecting them and paper products along with sticks, grass runners and many other things. :rolleyes: 7324080A-DE0F-492F-A7B8-C5FD31A15DBC.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Wow x 3
  9. Tropicalbri's

I love to see Dobermans without anything on their neck and body. They look so regal.

• Agree Agree x 6
  10. Tropicalbri's

I think his popularity came from Instagram.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Tropicalbri's

Drug dog with apprehension abilities.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Drogon

Drogon $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber

• Funny Funny x 4
  13. Tropicalbri's

I actually think it’s a red color. The lighting makes it look more rose pinkish color.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Oh Little Oji

If this is about the harness on Oji: It's purple and was used for my wife's late Husky. Though Oji is almost always mistaken for a female so it's kind of fitting.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  15. LifeofRubie

LifeofRubie Notable member

You know, it seems the Dobe's I usually see out and about look nothing like Rubie; They're always huge and thick. I was surprised when I was at nationals yesterday that most of the Dobes there were much smaller and I would even describe some of the agility Dobes as 'scrappy.' Guess they're more the conformation style instead of the BYB big'uns. It was honestly very difficult to tell males from females from a distance.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Oh Little Oji

Seems to me that it's the small examples from a given breed that excel at agility. Oji would tear it up were he more into serving mankind.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. LifeofRubie

I'm working from home today which means Rubie is upstairs, sleeping on the bed. Her Majesty finally decided to come down and hang out with us...
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Drogon

Drogon $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber

I'd say you are certainly seeing conformation Dobes. It's not just that though, it is US confirmation Dobes. US conformation judges don't see to like wide snout, big chested, muscular Dobes. In EU it is just the opposite. I wouldn't say the "big'uns" are all BYB. Many of them are just EU. Of course there are the breeders that breed 'oversized' dobes and many of them are BYB.
    Here's a pic of the 2018 IDC conformation champion INDRO del Diamante Nero

[​IMG]

• Wow x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. LifeofRubie

Yes, I should've clarified! Most of the Dobe's I've come across are not working EU dogs or even US conformation dogs - typically rescues, etc. My last boy was a rescue at 95lbs so I'm sure not from any particular great 'stock.' People are often surprised at the size of Rubie (she is on the petite side but withing AKC standards) because they're used to 'warlock' and other such sized Dobes, I guess. No offense meant!

And that is a very handsome dog!!

• Like Like x 1
  20. Brioddy

Brioddy Notable member

Rio - "ANOTHER pic, mom?"

2018-10-10_22.15.41.jpg

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.