Random Pet Video of the Day - Share yours!

  • Thread starter Thread starter FredC
  • Start date Start date

I didn't know horses liked watermelon! Never tried for Hunter. Now I'll have to see. He looooves peppermints, carrots, and apples of course ;)
Oh yeah! You'll have to try it! There might be some horses that don't like it but it's not that it's bad for them. Once I heard that it was safe to give them, I gave it a whirl and they love it! I had a small piece with the rind on it once and Sandy ate the whole damn thing!:spit:
 
When spring starts, we go without the masks until the bugs start appearing. And you wouldn't believe how the horses know what those masks are! There are times when I haven't started using them yet and I'll look outside and see them stomping and shaking their heads. I know that the Flies are finally here and they are being bothered. I go running out there and grab the masks and when I go into the Corral they all come up to me and bow their heads like, "put that thing on me!" They know what it's for! They love it!
That's so great! I always felt sorry for them, and other animals like cows, when they clearly were not able to rid themselves of those little buggers.
 
I didn't know horses liked watermelon! Never tried for Hunter. Now I'll have to see. He looooves peppermints, carrots, and apples of course ;)
Have you tried the watermelon treat for Hunter yet? I saw this from a acquaintance on Facebook! She is a horse trainer, breeder and very informed 'natural' enthusiast!


Screenshot_20200702-060327_Facebook.webp
 
Have you tried the watermelon treat for Hunter yet? I saw this from a acquaintance on Facebook! She is a horse trainer, breeder and very informed 'natural' enthusiast!


View attachment 109688
I did! He said no way. Lol!!! He sniffed it, lipped it then went "BleH!!" And spit it out. Wanted absolutely nothing to do with it after that. I couldn't get him to look at it. He loves his carrots, apples, cookies, and peppermints though.
 
I did! He said no way. Lol!!! He sniffed it, lipped it then went "BleH!!" And spit it out. Wanted absolutely nothing to do with it after that. I couldn't get him to look at it. He loves his carrots, apples, cookies, and peppermints though.
Wow. Well, we all have our preferences! I give mine a few every day! Going out there now with a container! They all have their heads hanging out of their stalls, eager to see what I have LOL
 
@Rits and @MyBuddy I bet the dogs would like it too! Kaiser loves watermelon, he’s kinda like a horse, lol, but he eats his off a fork :spit:
View attachment 109765
Oh yes! They love it! Whenever I take stuff out to the horses, be it apples, carrots, watermelon, they always get a piece! And of course when I'm cutting something up in the house I always share!:thumbsup2: n. Now, a whole watermelon is always on our list when we go shopping. My husband used to always get a little container of cut up watermelon that they sell in the produce department. We didn't think we can ever finish a whole watermelon. But now, heck yeah!:biggrin:

Buddy eats off a fork many times too! :)
 
Yesterday when we all went out to feed the horses, Kali was in the corral with Buddy barking and chasing her on the outside. Running alongside each other along the fence. Only, the horses were in the way. :wideyed:But never you mind! Kali just runs right between their legs!:spit: Thank God they are so calm! I just made two little GIFs of part of the video I took.

20200704_075025_1.webp

And when Kali came out and tried for a drink....
20200704_075025_2.webp
 
My nieces and nephews love Jasper. He is so good with them. One of the boys used to be terrified of dogs when he was little. I mean, full out crying and screaming in fear. Somehow him and Jasper have the best bond of them all. Its pretty touching.

I know the video is short. My mom started to have a conversation with me so I clipped it lmao.

 

Back
Top