Random Pet Photo of the Day - 2025

get too cold in snow or are they like children and moving too fast to feel it?
Snow itself isn't bad but their feet are the first thing to get cold if it's below 0. I used to always put booties on if it was that cold but these two know to get out and do their business so they can come right back in.
Over 40°c for the next few day
I was just thinking about it and that's 141°f hotter than it was here yesterday...

Today...
Both on couch Olive sitting alert Jan 22 25.webp
 
Just a question. Do their feet get too cold in snow or are they like children and moving too fast to feel it?
This was his first time in the snow and he didn’t seem to mind the cold on his feet, although I’m sure he could feel it. We went out to play one last time and after a few minutes I saw that he had a bloody spot on the top of his paw. The top layer of snow was more like ice, so I’m thinking he got cut on it?
 
after a few minutes I saw that he had a bloody spot on the top of his paw.

Yes, that crusty snow is really tough on their feet.
Yes! Actually Annie and I have not gone for a walk in a while! Because of the snow and ice! One time it was a bit warmer and I thought well maybe we can take a little walk. Well, there was a layer of ice kind of above the snow? It was weird but as I walked each foot fell through that layer of ice a couple of inches. It was really crusty! I turned right back around and we went back inside. Annie probably would have stayed out but I didn't want her walking through all that. So it kind of sucks that we haven't taken a walk in a long time. This weekend we should be melting some more snow so I'm hopeful!
 
:shock:
20250123_094957.webp

What are you doing?? 🤦‍♀️
20250123_094928.webp

I swear she doesn't like to be cold. But if I remember, I posted pictures in the summer when she came in and laid down right next to the vent where the air conditioning was coming out! 🤷‍♀️

So yesterday I decided to bring back her calming bed. I took it away sometime before Christmas . She had started to bite at it and she made a hole in it that I still have not sewn. I was going to and then didn't get around to it before I wanted to bring it out for her. So I figured I'm just going to bring it out even with the hole and see how she does. I knew the way she likes to be warm that she would enjoy that bed again. And I was hoping that she would understand that "you bite it again and it's being taken away again." So far with just a couple of reminders she has just been cuddling up in it and leaving it alone. I'll get to sewing it one day. But for now I'm hoping she's past that puppy phase of chewing on that thing!
20250124_060513.webp
 

Back
Top