Random Pet Photo of the Day - 2025

What's the barn temp?
Frigid!🤣 Honestly I didn't even check. It usually is not much different than outside. The only time it is, is if it's really windy and cold. Then it's nice to be out of the Wind and they don't get the wind chill effect. Most of the time I feel it's warmer if they're outside just because if there's any amount of sun, it's better than being in a dark, cold, metal Barn. All that metal keeps it cold.

Walking through my husband's barn ("mine" and "his", is how we differentiate between the two attached barns 😉) I can usually tell the difference in temperature. Because his barn houses the majority of the vehicles and equipment. And that's a lot of cold metal. 🥶 Mine has a lot more wood along with three warm horses.😁 I only can tell the difference when it's really cold.
 
I didn't even check. It usually is not much different than outside. The only time it is, is if it's really windy and cold. Then it's nice to be out of the Wind and they don't get the wind chill effect. Most of the time I feel it's warmer if they're outside just because if there's any amount of sun, it's better than being in a dark, cold, metal Barn.
I swear ours is like walking into a freezer with all of that metal. We did have the horse side insulated some and of course the stalls are wood so it's not as bad. It gets hotter than heck in the summer too when the metal heats up.
 
They slept like this for close to 2 hours this morning. I'm not sure how it can be comfortable, but dogs will be dogs.
Draped over Elroy on couch Jan 19 25.webp

I couldn't find Elroy a while ago so I got up to look and this is what I found. LOL
On Elroy between couch and coffee table Jan 19 25.webp
 
I couldn't find Elroy a while ago so I got up to look and this is what I found. LOL
If the gates are open and I don't see Annie, this is where I usually find her. SMH
20250119_195152.webp
20250119_195900.webp
20250119_121358.webp
It amazes us both how close she gets to it. Last night we were sitting in there and my husband was calling her, trying to get her away. I said, what are you doing? He said, she's so close! I said, she does it all the time. She'll leave when she's had enough. And a short time later she was sprawled out on the carpet of our bedroom, just outside the sun room. She had finally had enough. 😁
 
Yesterday morning.
IMG_0012_jpg.webpWe’ve been enjoying the cool weather to train outside. His head’s a little low since I’m kneeling down in front of him.IMG_0045.webpHe loves these boards! I can’t put one down fast enough before he tries to stand on them. Too bad I can’t use them at a show 🤣IMG_0034.webp
 
Just a question. Do their feet get too cold in snow or are they like children and moving too fast to feel it?
I think they do, but they won’t quit lol. She’s limited to 15-20 minutes outside in it. I want booties maybe that could prolong our time outside.
I really dislike the snow and sadly it’s so darn cold here it’s never going away haha
 

Back
Top