Random Pet Photo of the Day - 2023

View attachment 134016View attachment 134017
A couple more from the bucket list outing. Thor was getting rubs from the Petco store manager. Later we were at the outfitters store and my blind dog, Toby was just following his own direction. I love him for his independence even though he can't see a thing.
My cousin’s daughter has 2 blind and deaf dogs. She has them involved in obstacle course competition. It is amazing to watch them work.

My cousin’s daughter has 2 blind and deaf dogs. She has them involved in obstacle course competition. It is amazing to watch them work.
I feel like that would be amazing to watch but also touching to the soul. In my house, Toby is just the easiest and most peaceful dog. He just follows around and never really gets into much unless the garbage can smells especially good, or the neighbor's garbage can if we are outside. He can easily be the first one to a cookout though. Within 3 weeks of going blind, he had figured out how to not hit trees at he dog park even! He lost his sight suddenly and completely at roughly the age of 8 and then adjusted really well! 18087.jpeg
Here is a good photo of him with my other dogs and their friend. Everyone is straight on that chicken nugget except Toby, but he still knew how to get a nugget. I call him an inspiration to live with.

Elroy found the Mr Bill toy and every time he made it say "oh no!" he'd be cocking his head in all kinds of goofy ways. He wasn't doing that here but it sure was fascinating until he got the voice box out. LOL
Laying with Mr Bill toy Ape 24 23.JPG

I feel like that would be amazing to watch but also touching to the soul. In my house, Toby is just the easiest and most peaceful dog. He just follows around and never really gets into much unless the garbage can smells especially good, or the neighbor's garbage can if we are outside. He can easily be the first one to a cookout though. Within 3 weeks of going blind, he had figured out how to not hit trees at he dog park even! He lost his sight suddenly and completely at roughly the age of 8 and then adjusted really well! View attachment 134125
Here is a good photo of him with my other dogs and their friend. Everyone is straight on that chicken nugget except Toby, but he still knew how to get a nugget. I call him an inspiration to live with.
If I can find her video, I will share it!

Busted! I rarely see her on the couch. She loves her beds too much! But tonight my husband walked by the family room and said, did you know that Kali is curled up in a blanket on the couch?
20230425_180858.jpg

Oh boy here comes dad! Hard to believe that all of our Dobermans could have fit through that cat door on the gate when they first came home.
Waiting for dad by gate Apr 24 23.JPG

Happy with his ears and glad I kept posting. One of his ears was leaning out from the base more than the other, and both tips were slightly hanging forward about 2/3rds up a month ago. That seems to have all straightened out! I'll probably post one more time (a week) for good measure 💀🤣 We will see how they look after being out for the evening.
PXL_20230428_203101918.jpg

PXL_20230428_203108729.jpg

For the last several mornings I've been letting them out in the pasture for about 5 hours. They love it! So on the morning (today) that I don't let them out, each one goes over to the gate and sadly looks out.
20230429_074302.jpg

This boy turned to me like, Seriously?
20230429_074304.jpg

Back