• Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”

Our new foster Sultan

The woman sounds promising for a permanent home for Sultan. It sounds like you know exactly what your doing when picking a home for him.

A few uproars isn't too bad. It is a lot of change for Sultan so I would figure that kind of thing is pretty normal, don't know a whole lot about it though. Its great they could have a free roam with no issues. That must have been exciting for you, or at least taken away a bit of the stress. Keep up the great work and I hope you find the perfect home for Sultan.

Well good news all, this last weekend, we placed Sultan in his new home.

We drove about 4 hours to get him there, he is now living with a mid 60's man who has a 12 year old female who is all full of cancer. He thinks that Sultan will be a nice bridge after the death of his female. He is a really great guy, I think that they will work out wonderfully together.. The transport did not go off without a hitch. I have never had a dog do what Sultan did on the way to take him to his new home. Corey and I stopped to pee about 2 hours into the drive, we were inside going to the bathroom for maybe a minute and a half. Apparently that was enough time for Sultan to poop on the steering wheel, driver door, driver seat, passenger seat, and door, a well as the back seat. We took him out of the car to clean up and he bit his leash in half, he came running straight to me when he did, but holy cow that was a test. It was snowing and freezing ass cold, needless to say, I was kind of happy to see him go.

I will post updates about him as I get them.

Oh I'm so glad he found a great forever home! :stars:

LOL, that sucks about the poop in your car, but maybe it was the stress, or the fact that you guys were going potty so he thought he should too? :grin:

I look forward to hearing how he settles in, and it sounds like a perfect solution for the poor guy with the cancer girl as well.

Oh my , what a mess! ugh. I'm sure he just had to go too!

Congrats on his forever home though! It does sound good!!

Back