1. Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Our new foster Sultan

Discussion in 'Rescue & Adoption' started by AandK, Mar 6, 2010.

1. MyBuddy

MyBuddy Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

You'd think that's all we got to do is take pictures, eh? LOL We're soooo demanding!

(did ya get 'em yet??? hehehehe)

2. AandK

AandK Member

lol, no not quite.. :ph34r:

3. jeoestreich

jeoestreich Notable member

I kind of have absolutly no patience and find it hard to wait. I want the pictures now!!! This whole theard was just a teaser. Not fair. :( You better get cracking with those pictures. LOL

4. AandK

AandK Member

[​IMG]

here is a sideways pic of karma to ease the pain.. lol it is sunny today.. she chases the dust in the sunlight.

5. jeoestreich

I see a red x and no picture. :(

6. AandK

AandK Member

hmm... I reloaded it and I can see it. Let me put it on photobucket then it will work.

---------- Post added at 08:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 AM ----------

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  7. jeoestreich

I see it now. What a cutie!!

8. MyBuddy

Oh a Beauty!! Love it! Thank you ! :thumbsup:

9. zoorox

zoorox Notable member

I want that fence!

• Like Like x 1
  10. AandK

AandK Member

Damn, he didnt get dropped off yesterday, maybe we will get him today. It is quite a bit cooler today so I will need to be there when he drops him off, or at least right after. I wish we had our new boy.. -sigh-

• Like Like x 1
  11. DreamValley

DreamValley Well-Known Member

Karma has grown a lot. What a pretty girl! :)

Any news about Sultan?

12. AandK

AandK Member

Now apparently we are getting him on Sat, the tension is killing me.

We are going snowboaring during the day, so hopefully the owner will wait until the evening to bring him by.

• Like Like x 1
  13. AandK

AandK Member

The girls waiting patiently by the door..

[​IMG]

Smiling Sultan sitting with Daddy.

[​IMG]

The new crew..

[​IMG]

Mandatory Karma pic.

[​IMG]

Mandatory Autumn pic.
    (blurry : ( )
    [​IMG]

Things are going really well with him so far. I have realised that he does have a bit of food agression. He is also pretty jumpy right now, probably because he isnt in his own casa. Minutes before I uploaded pics I caught the 2 dobes having a play bow chase competition, along with group zoomies. He is eating TOTW right now, I will keep him on it most likley, uless we keep having weight issues.

There is definatley something going on with his hips though. He is having a lot of trouble lying down, he mostly paces until he thinks one of us will sit down for a while, when he finally settles in, he circles about 10 times, and finally commits to a place to lie, there is a lot of hesitation and obvious pain from it. I gave him a rymadyl a few minutes ago, I will probably wind up footing a bill and seeing what the cause is. At this point I suspect arthritis which isnt made much better by the 20 extra pounds he is carrying.

Ill keep you all updated on his progress! - Cathy

• Like Like x 5
  14. willi_pup

willi_pup Member

Aww what a great group of dogs! They all look so happy. I hope Sultan is okay, maybe just strained something playing with Karma... I hadn't seen any pictures of Karma before (I don't know how or why) but she is stunning, her coat is one of the shiniest I have ever seen!

15. BreesMom

BreesMom Novitiate

Hope it is nothing to serious with Sultan!! Loved the pic of the girls patiently waiting....too cute!!!

16. AandK

AandK Member

I really thought about showing here, but considering she came from a BYB I was told that it would probably be a failure.. her coat is amazing.. the raw feeding has worked wonders for her, now we have to get sultans thyroid in check and work on his.. The rymadyl seemed to work pretty well, he is still slow on his sits, but we just took him for a short walk, his leash manners arent fantatic, but we will se what I can do.

17. willi_pup

willi_pup Member

Wow, I never would have thought she came from a BYB. I don't know anything really about conformation standards but she is pretty beautiful to me. Her coat makes me consider raw feeding...

I am glad the rymadil has been helping Sultan. I hope everything turns out well. I am sure you can get his leash manners under control with out too much trouble.

18. Apollo

Apollo Novitiate

what a nice group of dogs, glad sultan finaly made to his new home and hope everything will work out for you and the dogs.

19. MyBuddy

I agree, a wonderful group! Hope it all works out for everyone! :)

20. AandK

AandK Member

Just an update for all of you..

I started running a newspaper ad in a local paper yesterday, it will run for 21 days, so far I have had 2 responses. 1 From a woman who is a hotel restraunt manager and has 2 other male dogs in her home, which I presonally think would be a disaster, Sultan tries his best to be a dominant dog, he has always been around females. I think that I would wind up with him again after his first week there.
    I got a second response today from a woman with and African Borebol. (ohh I lubb them). She has mentioned that her 1 1/2 year old needed a play mate that can handle the rougher play. Mostly just a larger dog that can be with the female happily. I would definatley do a couple of interviews with the dogs and the owners before I bring him into the equation.

I will wait to hear back from the woman with the female dog. other than that we have had a couple of uproars in the house. Sultan got into it for a brief second with another one of our firneds dogs, frankly I think the other dog started it, she doesnt have any manners, she was a reservation pack dog. Last night he scared Karma because of a little toy aggression, all of the toys have been picked up in the house. Other than that, things are great. The feeding is going well, no other signs of aggression. We left all of the dogs out the night before last, and Sultan and Karma played all night..lol. But they never had any issues during the night, no messes nothing destroyed, a sucessful free roam night.

I will keep you guys posted!

• Like Like x 2