1. Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Our new foster Sultan

Discussion in 'Rescue & Adoption' started by AandK, Mar 6, 2010.

1. AandK

AandK Member

Hello all,

We found out today that we will be getting a new foster pretty soon. His name is Sultan, he is a 6 year old neutered red boy. He has cropped ears, but the owners werent patient enough to keep the posts up. So he does have floppy ears. He is great with other puppies, he was over at the house today for about 3 hours in the back yard with Autumn and Karma, as well as his sibling named Pooh, who is a teacup Pom. He is great with kids, which is the reason that his owners are giving him up. The family has a young boy who is learning how to walk and his mother is worried about Sultan knocking him over. I am not sure about his demeanor with cats. His only issue he has ever had was with being woken up suddenly while he was sleeping. His owner was a lil tipsy and came home and jumped on him while he was sleeping, and his owner got teeth to the top of the head.. I really wouldnt reccomend doing that anyway, our girls would cope with it but yanoo..

So we are working with his owners now and I am not really sure when we will get him. I am going to start working on training with him and trying to find placement. Wish us luck! I will post pics once we get him. I had a few cell phone pics from today, but I dont think they are worth much. - Cathy

• Like Like x 10
  2. DreamValley

DreamValley Well-Known Member

Yes, I want to see his picture! Thank you for fostering him :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. csmith4242

csmith4242 Notable member

Ditto,

• Like Like x 1
  4. crystal100

crystal100 New Member

Good job with the fostering!
    Can't wait for pictures.

• Like Like x 1
  5. MLR

MLR Novitiate

Yes, please keep us posted. :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. von Cosack

von Cosack Novitiate

If you have cats you better find out what this boy is ALL about, if he's just interested in them (chase) or if he's REAL interested. Be sure about him there maybe other issues that the people aren't being honest with you. Evaluate thoroughly. VON.

• Like Like x 1
  7. BreesMom

BreesMom Novitiate

Yea me too!!!

• Like Like x 1
  8. moonwillow

moonwillow New Member

I'm just slightly tweaked at the reason the owners are giving him up... We adopted a pair of dobies right at the age our son was learning to walk and while it took a bit of getting used to for everybody (Link had to learn to watch where his butt was in relation to the baby lol) my son came out no worse for the wear. I'm just point this out because I don't think its really a valid reason to rehome, the Pom is just as likely to trip up a baby learning to walk as a dobie is. You really might wanna look into this situation more to make sure there aren't other reasons for the current owners to be rehoming him.

Whatever the real reason he's being rehomed, its great that you're taking him into your home and finding him a new one that will love him like he deserves =)

• Like Like x 1
  9. AandK

AandK Member

I didnt want to get deeper into the situation, but to clarifiy I will. The people getting rid of the dog are a young married couple. They had Sultan long before the baby was born. The husband and wife have been having some issues in their marrige. He has been living in another town with the dogs, and she has been living at home iwth her parents. The fight about Sultan has been one to me that seems frivolous, hell babies fall, you can't save them from everything. I hate that the husband has been told that he has to get rid of the dog. He doesnt want to do it, but more importantly he wants to make his marrige work. There isnt an issue with other behaviorial problems, Ill know that as soon as I get him I am going to start really working with him. It is terrible that Sultan is the one being pushed out of the family. But I will do whatever I can to help keep their family together.

• Like Like x 4
  10. jeoestreich

jeoestreich Notable member

Where the pictures? You cannot have a theard about a new fosture pup without pictures. What where you thinking? LOL

• Like Like x 1
  11. AandK

AandK Member

I know, I am terrible. We thought Corey had pics on his phone but apparently that is a no go. I will see what I can do!

• Like Like x 1
  12. DLS

DLS Notable member

Way to go. Great that you are helping dog and family!!! Pictures are a MUST!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  13. von Cosack

von Cosack Novitiate

So..........whats up with the Boy???? VON.

• Like Like x 1
  14. AandK

AandK Member

Dont have him yet still.. Maybe we will take him this weekend.. It is a matter of our friend figuring it out with his wife.. If they can't move back in witheachoter then why get rid of your furkid. We are just standing ready for whatever happens.

• Like Like x 2
  15. boogie

boogie Hot Topics Subscriber

nod

• Like Like x 1
  16. AandK

AandK Member

Ok he is coming to us tomorrow.. Just found out today, his owner is going to drop him and his crate off in our back yard and I will go home and get him aqquainted. He has been in our house enough times that he knows how things work. It shoudnt be that big of a deal. I am going to try and get him a bed together so he can have his space. I promise, pics tomorrow when we get him!

• Like Like x 4
  17. Apollo

Apollo Novitiate

the owner just comes and drop him in the backyard :eek:
    he can't come when you are at home ???:eek2::nono:

18. AandK

AandK Member

He works 2 jobs, neither one of the hours work with ours, so I am jsut going to leave work when he drops him off.

19. jeoestreich

jeoestreich Notable member

So we should have pictures soon, right. Hint, hint, hint

20. AandK

AandK Member

Sure thing, he isnt there yet tho, we just gt to work : )