New Puppy!....

A VERY cute puppy! He will run rings around them, for years! I don't think a border collie ever actually mellows. But maybe I've just met the hyper ones! There is a dog sport called fly-ball where the dog races up and hits a pad that launches a ball for them to retrieve. It is fast and furious and would suit a collie very well!

A VERY cute puppy! He will run rings around them, for years! I don't think a border collie ever actually mellows. But maybe I've just met the hyper ones! There is a dog sport called fly-ball where the dog races up and hits a pad that launches a ball for them to retrieve. It is fast and furious and would suit a collie very well!

Oh yes! I've watched many a competition! They have not expressed any interest in dog sports but we'll see. Their older daughter did say she was going to buy some sheep :) I'll have to see if there is a facility around here that trains that, though!

Oh yes! I've watched many a competition! They have not expressed any interest in dog sports but we'll see. Their older daughter did say she was going to buy some sheep :) I'll have to see if there is a facility around here that trains that, though!
I would say don't get the sheep unless there is an intent to train shepherding seriously. They are born to herd sheep and will obsess about getting in with there with sheep, causing all sorts of potential disasters if out of control, or worse, unsupervised. (Grew up on a mixed farm and saw a few rogue dogs who were shot for sheep worrying, when the herding instinct goes back to basics! :shock:) That cute little guy looks very much like a working collie!

I would say don't get the sheep unless there is an intent to train shepherding seriously. They are born to herd sheep and will obsess about getting in with there with sheep, causing all sorts of potential disasters if out of control, or worse, unsupervised. (Grew up on a mixed farm and saw a few rogue dogs who were shot for sheep worrying, when the herding instinct goes back to basics! :shock:) That cute little guy looks very much like a working collie!

She's 7 and I don't think her parents have approved it ;)

They do have a shoddy 4ft fence so. So. So...

I knew he'd be cute and it's good some of them are trying to step up but I think they're going to need some training from a good dog trainer for themselves.

It's frustrating because puppy will be doing puppy stuff stuff and someone will just start saying MAGNUS SIT MAGNUS SIT MAGNUS SIT and he doesn't even know they're talking to him.
LOL I've seen that with my grandchildren. They'll be talking their head off to one of the dogs and they don't even have their attention! It's kind of comical to watch actually.:whistle:

Magnus is adorable and like a stuffed toy! :D

Magnus is cute, and just one letter away from what I named my first Dobe.

I'm curious to see if the pink patches on the nose will fill in with black at all as the dog matures. I believe it does on some breeds. As I've been looking at Am. Bulldogs, that's one thing I know I wouldn't want is pink on the nose, or at least not much of it.

Magnus is cute, and just one letter away from what I named my first Dobe.

I'm curious to see if the pink patches on the nose will fill in with black at all as the dog matures. I believe it does on some breeds. As I've been looking at Am. Bulldogs, that's one thing I know I wouldn't want is pink on the nose, or at least not much of it.

Oh, I didn't even think of that! And then I realized I don't think I've met an adult B/W BC with any pink on their nose so you might be right!

LOL I've seen that with my grandchildren. They'll be talking their head off to one of the dogs and they don't even have their attention! It's kind of comical to watch actually.:whistle:

Magnus is adorable and like a stuffed toy! :D

My SIL is probably the most guilty :rolleyes: He is quite a little a floof, for sure. He doesn't seem to like to sit still for long (surprise) and I tried the little test when you put your hand on his belly while he's on his back and he thought about if for a second and then decided it wasn't for him. He did seem cautious of Moose at first but then he decided he was OK and was initiating play with him. Moo did some play bows and they jumped around a bit.

When Moo was lying down, Magnus would go after his tail or something and my SIL would ask if "that was OK." I told her Moo would let the puppy know if he didn't like something because that's how dogs learn. Moo is much gentler correcter than Rubie:D

Recently I got a new husky puppy, I fell madly in love with this puppy and I don’t know why, but I was madly worried about what I would eat and how to behave with it, I have a garden near my house and there are a lot of fruits and my dog is alone once you wanted to eat raspberries and do you think can dogs eat raspberries ? I thought not, but after reading the article, my opinion changed dramatically

oh my heavens, he is adorable, but for a non experienced owner? They might be a little crazy :pullhair: I wouldn't even get a BC :whistle: then again, I may be a tad crazy with our new addition as well :rofl: why on earth would I go with police dog working lines is beyond me...

Little Magnus is now 7 months old! We took Moo over to visit on Friday night. Moo wasn't particularly fond of Magnus at this age because Magnus tried to mount him several times... Neither of them could sit still long enough to get a good picture in the poor lighting

PXL_20201107_011359167.MP.jpg

Almost all of the pink on Magnus's nose has disappeared
PXL_20201107_011521503.MP.jpg

after Moo corrected Magnus a couple of times for mounting, they generally left each other alone which was perfectly fine

Well, if there have been, I haven't heard anything. He does seem to listen well and he is crated but I'm not sure how much during the day. The younger daughter, who was not a fan of him at all when they got him, actually wrestles with him now. Like, they actually full on wrestle. Maybe the kids are entertainment enough for him.

pxl_20201107_011521503-mp-jpg.113720
This one deserves a caption with those wide eyes and that expression. LOL

Back