• Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”

neverending soft poop

so Apollo's poop its doing better ( most of the time ), but he still gets his occasional runny poops" sigh"
the bump on his left side its gone completely, so i think maybe something bite him or he hurt himself, when he was playing with Logan.
Now we go tomorrow to the vet, its his big day, to become a member of the "non ball club" , my poor poor baby. gezz i'm nervous like hell. have to drop him off tomorrow between 8-9 am , hopefully can pick him up later on that same day, don't wanna leave him there.just hope everything its going well for him.

Hey Tina, I had intended on switching to Taste of the Wild completely at the end of this month but now I've changed my mind. I just had Chloe in to the Vet's because she had a huge bump on her left side of her hip. That turned out to be a blood bruise. But the shocking thing was during her weigh in. She's dropped 20 pounds in a month!!!!! She and Herc have both been on half Taste of the Wild and half of their regular adult formula of Purina One for large breed dogs. I don't know what in the heck is in Taste of the wild but that's too much weight loss, too fast for me. The vet agreed and said Purina One was an excellent dog food; regardless of the studies published on here that rate dog food. So............ If I were you I'd be looking at something more substantial to feed Apollo because he's still growing. Just my opinion.

Hey Tina, I had intended on switching to Taste of the Wild completely at the end of this month but now I've changed my mind. I just had Chloe in to the Vet's because she had a huge bump on her left side of her hip. That turned out to be a blood bruise. But the shocking thing was during her weigh in. She's dropped 20 pounds in a month!!!!! She and Herc have both been on half Taste of the Wild and half of their regular adult formula of Purina One for large breed dogs. I don't know what in the heck is in Taste of the wild but that's too much weight loss, too fast for me. The vet agreed and said Purina One was an excellent dog food; regardless of the studies published on here that rate dog food. So............ If I were you I'd be looking at something more substantial to feed Apollo because he's still growing. Just my opinion.

Thanks so much for the tip Mary Lou and sorry to hear, Chloe lost so much weight, gezzzz 20 lbs, thats alot. i remember when Apollo just lost 10 lbs, how thin he looked.
i wish i would know, what kind of food i could try, i really don't know, but right now would be a good time, since i still have enough TOTW left,to switch slowly to another one.

I know, I'm waiting on the blood lab results right now. The vet just wanted to make sure the bump wasn't cancer. IDK, but it came up really fast; like she just woke up with it on Saturday. So I'm not convinced yet. But that's just too much weight to loose in a month.

P.S. I sent you a PM on that Tina.

I swear these dobermans have the worst stomachs. My Zulu is great, great, great SPLAT soft. I don't know why but it is so. I would like to get him checked for allergies but something tells me it is a breed problem.
I got sick of going to the vet, after 1500 bucks (cash) I said to hell with dry food and starting feeding him raw. MUCH much better. Also the crooked piece of shit vet kept whacking me 500 a pop each time we went in and the best thing was this stuff called
'Diarsynyl' . He billed me 29.95. A quick search on google and there it was for 8 dollars. 8 freaking bucks. So I bought 2 tubes and every time he has the runs I skip one meal and give him a squirt of this diarsynyl. And it is the best thing I have tried yet. Each tube will give you about 15 doses.
Anyone else use this stuff? bottle says it is good for livestock as well so maybe some horse people have used it. I recommended it to my friend with a Husky and he thanked me repeatedly.
(eta I have not read the entire thread)

good luck with Apollo tommorrow at the vet Tina.. i know exactly how you feel since i recently went through it.. but soon he will be home and okay again... keep us updated.. and sending my best regards.Apollo isn't picking up any dropped birdseed is he..? I know mine love to eat the seeds..so out comes the vaccum every morning.. and my dobie used to get the runs from it..

did the vet check for parasites or just check his stool specimen for any clues.. 20 lbs is way too much... has to be something..maybe tapeworm... i hope for good news for your dobie..

good luck with Apollo tommorrow at the vet Tina.. i know exactly how you feel since i recently went through it.. but soon he will be home and okay again... keep us updated.. and sending my best regards.Apollo isn't picking up any dropped birdseed is he..? I know mine love to eat the seeds..so out comes the vaccum every morning.. and my dobie used to get the runs from it..

once in awhile both boys eat them, but thats don't give them the runny poop;)

We'll be thinking about you and Apollo today Tina. I know he'll do fine, but we can't help but worry.

Mary Lou, I seriously doubt it was the TOTW the caused weight loss like that since so many other people feed it with great results and no problems like that. It had to be a coincidence that it happened about the same time you were transitioning them...
We fed our GSP the Purina One for a while when we first got him and I'm totally not a fan. He had way too many allergy problems and the dull, flaky coat, etc...
I'm not saying you don't have good results and shouldn't feed it, but I totally disagree with your vet on that one.... :)

Just wanted to let you know I am sending healing vibes for Apollo's snip today. Try not to worry Tina your baby boy will be fine and home with you before you know it!!!!:D:goodvibes::goodvibes::goodvibes:

did the vet check for parasites or just check his stool specimen for any clues.. 20 lbs is way too much... has to be something..maybe tapeworm... i hope for good news for your dobie..

You know, I never thought to ask about that when I was at the vets yesterday because I was more worried about the lump on the side of her hip, LD. I think I'll take in a sample pre-surgery just to be on the safe side. Thanks.

---------- Post added at 09:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 AM ----------

We'll be thinking about you and Apollo today Tina. I know he'll do fine, but we can't help but worry.

Mary Lou, I seriously doubt it was the TOTW the caused weight loss like that since so many other people feed it with great results and no problems like that. It had to be a coincidence that it happened about the same time you were transitioning them...
We fed our GSP the Purina One for a while when we first got him and I'm totally not a fan. He had way too many allergy problems and the dull, flaky coat, etc...
I'm not saying you don't have good results and shouldn't feed it, but I totally disagree with your vet on that one.... :)

I don't know what to think right now Jan. And I'm not saying I disagree with you. All I do know is, and this is after reading all the studies on dog food, I live in Battle Creek where Purina is made. I know people who work in the factory. They would tell me if there was something in that brand to be worried about. This is what they feed their own dogs. I don't think they would do that if there was something wrong with this food. and my dobes have been fine on up til now when I decided to switch to something else. That's all I know for sure right now.

crooked piece of shit vet kept whacking me 500 a pop each time we went in and the best thing was this stuff called
'Diarsynyl' . He billed me 29.95. A quick search on google and there it was for 8 dollars. 8 freaking bucks. So I bought 2 tubes and every time he has the runs I skip one meal and give him a squirt of this diarsynyl. And it is the best thing I have tried yet. Each tube will give you about 15 doses.
Anyone else use this stuff? bottle says it is good for livestock as well so maybe some horse people have used it.
I've never heard of it but then again I haven't had a problem with my horses poop, or Buddy's for that matter. But that vet was ripping you off with his prices!!! Sheesh!

Tina, we'll be waiting to her about your baby boy too! Don't worry, he'll be fine! Homecoming is ssssssooooo much fun!

just dropped him of at the vet, my poor baby, they weighted him, but i can't believe the weight. he is 85 lbs, last he got weighted was in october, so two month ago and he just got 2 lbs???hard to believe. i can call around 3pm to see how he is doing, i'm goiing to pick him up today, if everything went well.

Let's see, so 3 pm is 5 pm our time, right? I'm sure he'll be fine and happy to see his Mommy again, and of course the time will go much faster for him than you since he'll be sleeping most of it.

Wow, he's sure turning into a big boy. He'll probably hit 90 or 95 by the time he's done growing.

I pray he does well with his surgery Tina. Keep remembering, this is probably harder on you than it will be on him. He's knocked out and in la la land about now so he won't feel a thing. Easier for me to say, I know, than for you to feel. But I know he will come though all this with flying colors. Let's just hope this takes care of him peeing on strange men at the park when all those male hormones leave his body. :)

let us know asap... we are all thinking of you and apollo... but hopefully he will be home in your arms tonight... i had to leave my collie overnight..

Hopefully all goes well and you can take your baby home tonight! My vet that I work for tries to send neuters home that day and keeps spays overnight.

Back