1. Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Looking for new dog food. Need advice!

Discussion in 'Doberman Nutritional Care' started by Ilvmydobe, Nov 12, 2016.

1. VitaLife

VitaLife Novitiate

<Link Redacted> are designed for dogs with food sensitivities. Made without common canine allergens such as grains, artificial preservatives, colors or flavors, this dog food is easy to digest and offers healthy nutrition.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. LifeofRubie

LifeofRubie Active Member

:spam:

3. Lizbeli

Lizbeli Hot Topics Subscriber

Spam, yes. Incase anyone wanted to know. Lentils are the SECOND ingredient in this kibble. Peas are up there too. Probably not something people here will be buying considering the DCM/grain free food issue..

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Rits

Rits Admin Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Alright, I gave you the benefit of the doubt that maybe you would get the hint from the other 2 posts I've removed and left a comment with the advice to maybe take up a sponsorship to support this forum AND be able to advertise your food but...

[​IMG]

If anyone sees spam, help us out and use the report function so we can remove it right away! Thank you!
    Untitled2.png
    Untitled2.png

Last edited: Jan 1, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Dawg 1419

Dawg 1419 Hot Topics Subscriber

244A7641-1C15-4189-81E0-4323355E3AA4.gif

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. IanGee

IanGee Novitiate

7. Ddski5

Ddski5 Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Yikes...

Blue Buffalo is #1 on that list, therefore I would not believe that is a legit list. BB had a couple of bad recalls and would not be on my list.

Go to Dry Dog Food Reviews | Dog Food Advisor

Any 4 or 5 star food listed will work for you. Now which one?? Really kinda depends on how you dog takes to it.

Best to have meat based products in the first ten ingredients.

If you see lentils, legumes, peas, pea powder.....then it is a plant protein based dog food instead of meat based, so no good with that.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Atingles10

Atingles10 Notable member

I have to agree with @Ddski5 here that list looks scary. We have had good luck with victor food for our guy. We were doing fromm chicken based before but our guy had loose stools so we changed to victor. I think a thing to consider too is how much you can spend. Victor is in the $50 and $60 for a 40lb bag depending on which one you go with.

9. crypticintent

crypticintent Hot Topics Subscriber

We have had really good luck with Simply Nourish Source.

I can’t really trust much that has pedigree that high....

My breeder uses Taste of the Wild

10. raym0016

raym0016 New Member

I use Farmina Ancestral Grain Chicken and Pomegranate. I was feeding the grain free puppy food but at over 40% protein, he was having runny stools non stop. The grain inclusive sits at 30% protein The ingredients looks really good on paper, and his stools are solid!
    INGREDIENTS

boneless chicken, dehydrated chicken, whole spelt, whole oats, chicken fat, dried whole eggs, herring, dehydrated herring, dried beet pulp, herring oil, dried carrot, suncured alfalfa meal, inulin, fructooligosaccharide, yeast extract, dried pomegranate, dried apple, dried spinach, psyllium seed husk, dried sweet orange, dried blueberry, salt, brewers dried yeast, turmeric, glucosamine hydrochloride, chondroitin sulfate, vitamin A supplement, vitamin D3 supplement, vitamin E supplement, ascorbic acid, niacin, calcium pantothenate, riboflavin, pyridoxine hydrochloride, thiamine mononitrate, biotin, folic acid, vitamin B12 supplement, choline chloride, beta-carotene, zinc methionine hydroxy analogue chelate, manganese methionine hydroxy analogue chelate, ferrous glycine, copper methionine hydroxy analogue chelate, selenium yeast, DL-Methionine, taurine, L-Carnitine, aloe vera gel concentrate, green tea extract, rosemary extract, mixed tocopherols (a preservative).