Katyusha and Zastava

CGCA or U is one of the trainings that are occasionally mentioned by some books by SD trainers; as part of the training process/skill set...
I didn't want to continue general CGCA/CGCU training in K & Z's post about these two dogs experiences & achievements so I added the AKC requirements for passing these two different temperament/behavior tests for you ( or anyone else that is curious ) on my own thread that I posted about Ashas test.

 
I added the AKC requirements for passing these two different temperament/behavior tests for you ( or anyone else that is curious ) on my own thread that I posted about Ashas test.
Thanks @Ravenbird for putting the specifics out there. I didn't have time at the moment. I also want to add for anyone interested, that the evaluator must require only the behaviors listed in the requirements, they are not allowed to expect more and then not pass your dog. My evaluator was very good about that. More than once I expected or hoped for something slightly better out of my dog, but she said it met requirements and it was a pass. She was also very good about keeping the test in the test. We did Z's at an outdoor outfitter, and walking up to the hunting section, Z hollered out to warn me about the mounted animal heads up on the wall, but our evaluator said we were not at the examining area yet. Z recovered nicely and didn't say anything more in the examining area. We did K's in a nursing home, and a male employee walked right up to us while the evaluator was filling out paperwork. Lo and behold, of the two people Katyusha hasn't liked, he was one of them and she bellered at him. After he left she said "well, I am not evaluating yet, just doing paperwork, and furthermore, he didn't ask if it was okay to meet your dog".
 
must require only the behaviors listed in the requirements,
I totally get that. Asha did her CGC at less than a year old when she was doing a LOT of explosive barking. We passed all the test requirements and we were all sitting around discussing and getting our paperwork to send off to AKC when a dog walker went by (unrelated to our testing) and Asha did her explosive lunge/bark and I had to meekly ask if she still passed. Evaluator said that she passed her test but hoped I would continue to work on that barking. Of course she knew my dog, she was my Star Puppy teacher and Asha passed that with flying colors too, but she found somebody to bark at each week we went for training. :rolleyes:
 
I didn't want to continue general CGCA/CGCU training in K & Z's post about these two dogs experiences & achievements so I added the AKC requirements for passing these two different temperament/behavior tests for you ( or anyone else that is curious ) on my own thread that I posted about Ashas test.

Thanks @Ravenbird
And sorry @Katyusharocket for the OT 🤡
 
Thanks again @Ravenbird and @Katyusharocket
for those earlier threads and

Dont know how I missed those earlier
BUt now bookmarked for more review, and I'll ask more questions in detail there. The CGC evaluator form is highly useful just for DIY even if you have a not pedigreed dog and want to train to standard without having to do paperwork/fees/spay early.

And again,
to the point for benefit of newbies or lurkers looking for really experienced info, the value of this DCF webforum 3D searchable archive is its a gold mine to learn from...

As compared to others, where its more 2D or gossipy. IG/FB, TikTok, reddit, etc...

🙏🙌
 
Thanks again @Ravenbird and @Katyusharocket
for those earlier threads and

Dont know how I missed those earlier
BUt now bookmarked for more review, and I'll ask more questions in detail there. The CGC evaluator form is highly useful just for DIY even if you have a not pedigreed dog and want to train to standard without having to do paperwork/fees/spay early.

And again,
to the point for benefit of newbies or lurkers looking for really experienced info, the value of this DCF webforum 3D searchable archive is its a gold mine to learn from...

As compared to others, where its more 2D or gossipy. IG/FB, TikTok, reddit, etc...

🙏🙌
I agree it's a goldmine for new Dobie and dog people or teams experiencing something new together, or setting out with new goals. That is why I never care if it goes OT. Although it's less organized for searchers, I can always bring it back to K and Z with any news to post.
 
Although it's less organized for searchers, I can always bring it back to K and Z with any news to post.
I didn't think you minded the conversation, but I have such a hard time finding things myself I figured when things get into a really good conversation it makes more sense to put them under a related thread title. If for no other reason that I can find it again! 😅
 
I figured when things get into a really good conversation it makes more sense to put them under a related thread title
it's less organized for searchers, I can always bring it back to K and Z with any news to post.
And that is huge to make our search function work the way it's supposed to.
 
And that is huge to make our search function work the way it's supposed to.
Thanks @Ravenbird for your skills at keeping things in their own folders 'round here.
I didn't think you minded the conversation, but I have such a hard time finding things myself I figured when things get into a really good conversation it makes more sense to put them under a related thread title. If for no other reason that I can find it again!
no, I don't mind it at all, on our behalf, but happy you can help organize the thoughts into something cohesive.
 

Back
Top