It's a Dobie thing!

Hi, Im new here. First time dobie owner of a 2 yr old male. These are making me laugh. I have a couple. Skynyrd will fall asleep holding a toy or ball in his mouth. A BIG ball where his mouth is wide open holding it. Its so funny. I say he is holding his pacifier. The other, and I am curious if anyone else has seen this, is sometimes when I get home and come in front door he is standing about 10 feet from the door just staring and not moving a muscle. He knows it is me! He just stsnds perfectly still and stares. Then he will pounce and starting wiggling all over and be all excited. We call it his creepy stalker mode.

Hi, Im new here. First time dobie owner of a 2 yr old male. These are making me laugh. I have a couple. Skynyrd will fall asleep holding a toy or ball in his mouth. A BIG ball where his mouth is wide open holding it. Its so funny. I say he is holding his pacifier. The other, and I am curious if anyone else has seen this, is sometimes when I get home and come in front door he is standing about 10 feet from the door just staring and not moving a muscle. He knows it is me! He just stsnds perfectly still and stares. Then he will pounce and starting wiggling all over and be all excited. We call it his creepy stalker mode.

Welcome to DCF. You should go to the introduce yourself thread so everyone can welcome you to the forum.
It’s a great and friendly forum so feel free to share pictures and ask any questions you may have.
Oh and we love pictures of Dobies so post some up of your two!

Im having trouble figuring out how to make a comment on the introduce yourself thread. I read the FAQ and my screen looks a little different

I circled the icon to use. It will take you to the next screen where you can create your intro thread.41C89BEE-65CC-4BB1-8999-254174928B03.jpeg43D24DDA-FC11-4677-9727-5BF1CCFE212A.png

Yeah, he's got that stalking thing going on. Fun!

You gotta love them, such awesome personalities. Skye "stalks" me, I bend over head down and say cuddle and then she goes into pray mode and sneaks up on me while I keep saying cuddle and she will tip toe right up to my face and as soon as I give her a kiss she just loses it doing zoomies all over the place. :yatta:

The other, and I am curious if anyone else has seen this, is sometimes when I get home and come in front door he is standing about 10 feet from the door just staring and not moving a muscle. He knows it is me! He just stsnds perfectly still and stares.
I call this the Prepare to Rumble stare! Usually with a frozen play bow to start with then if I suddenly move it's on! Full zoomie mode. Yippee! :sonic:

So Skynyrd just cracked me up with a totally doberman move. I have just taught him" play dead" so we are still perfecting it. Today we were in the kitchen and I said "Bang" and he did the first part and got into the down position. Then he started to roll onto his side but stopped, then he started to roll to his other side and stopped again. Im wondering what he is doing. He got up , went into the living room where his floor bed is, and then layed down all the way. He didnt want to do it on the hard floor!!! LMFAO!! Total doberman I'll do it my own way!

I'm not sure this is a Doberman thing but I've never seen another dog do it, so maybe.

Jazz was stalking a magpie on the fence. When it turned and looked at her she immediately relaxed, changed direction and sauntered off not looking at it. When it turned away again she snapped back into a stalk and sneaked right down the side wall before making her run. :rofl:

Could have been coincidence but later I saw her using EXACTLY the same tactic again.

Jazz was stalking a magpie on the fence. When it turned and looked at her she immediately relaxed, changed direction and sauntered off not looking at it. When it turned away again she snapped back into a stalk and sneaked right down the side wall before making her run. :rofl:
Yup, it's a thing. Asha does it to the cat. :rofl: On another note, Asha has just discovered lizards this summer. She is so cat-like in her pounces. No, she hasn't caught one.

I'm sure other Dobies do this, but haven't found a post mentioning it. Some days ago Bedja thought I was late getting ready for our second routine bike run/walk, so he went and took one of my shoes and dropped it in my lap. He was very explicitly saying: "HEY! we should be on our WAY now!" I have not taught him to do this and found it amusing and adorable😄. I didn't do his bidding right away of course, but he didn't have to wait too long either.

He knows he's not supposed to steal shoes, he doesn't destroy or chew them, but it's funny how obvious it is that he thinks it's FUN and I can almost hear him giggling when he does it.

In Barn Hunt Master class, you don't know how many rats are on the course. When you think the course is cleared, you have to call CLEAR. After AJ clears the course, sometimes he gets impatient with me and goes to the gate and beaks his lead. Come on dad, what are you waiting for?

Back