I NEED SOME IDEAS - Cart building

I think the front wheels need to be built with a live axle so I can make turns. I was thinking I could do two sets of disc brakes. One on each rear wheel and have the control levers for stopping run to and mounted on both sides of the inside of cart in front where I would sit. What do you think?

I think the front wheels need to be built with a live axle so I can make turns. I was thinking I could do two sets of disc brakes. One on each rear wheel and have the control levers for stopping run to and mounted on both sides of the inside of cart in front where I would sit. What do you think?
Another option would be a live axel between the wheels. Attach the brakes to the axel.

I think I would like a full body dobe for the cart instead of just a head with a box.
I am wondering what the galvonic corrosion would be if I made the cart out of aluminum and then attach the Doberman shapes cut out of bronze. That would make the base metal aluminum with the bronze fastened to it. Would that make the bronze an anode and the aluminum the cathode or other way around?
What if the aluminum was powder coated? Would that reduce any corrosion between those two metals? Hmmm.... so many questions that I have to find answers to. Help
B9A14CF9-DD04-42DD-A951-C4C0787472CC.jpeg

Been too busy with other things to get much progress done. One of my friends is welding the framework for me.

Just came across this again this morning and wondered if you ever finished your cart?
My friends in Panama City whose husband is a welder had it made and all that was needed was for me to pick it up and put the bronze doberman cuts outs on it. Unfortunately work and a health issue prevented me from getting up there and picking it up. I was going to head up in Oct of last year and get it but Hurricane Michael hit and destroyed my friend’s home, shop and everything. The devastation to my home town was really bad so that was no longer a thing I even considered anymore. When I took the pups up with me to help rescue lost and injured pets right after it hit (when I was allowed in) it never crossed my mind. It was like looking at the damage from Irma the year before for us. so to answer your question no I don’t have the cart but I do have the bronze Dobermans to go on it.

I am really late here, but the first place I would check around is in dirt track racing circles. There are tiny dirt track go carts powered by souped up lawn mower engines and they have hydraulic brakes. I would look for one with a blown up motor. That would be pretty ideal for a frame low to the ground with brakes.

Even though it's a late idea, maybe it can help somebody.

Back