Hans-Peter Cowlick Grows!

Ingrid H

Hot Topics Subscriber
$ Forum Donor $
Here's a couple of pics I took of Hans's cowlick this morning. His breeder said that the cowlick would be less noticable when he grew, but I don't think he was right :rolleyes: That's OK, it's all part of his charm!
100_1632.jpg

100_1629.jpg

awww I totally love his cowlick, but yeah it looks to have gotten bigger, I love it though and it does add to his charm :D

Oh my goodness. I think it has grown, too, Ingrid. But, you're right, it is kind of cute. :)

Wow, it has definitely grown, but it's unique and cool. :)

How about a couple pic from the front side too??? :D

Wow, thats a big cowlick! lol, Karma has two.. Fate has none. Maybe he has some ridgeback... LOL

Untill hrd posted I was going to say I've seen cowlicks more with reds than black and tans but Karma is black and tan....

Have you talked to the breeder about it???

I've only talked to him enough to know that both his grandsires had cowlicks and to hear that he thought the cowlick would be less noticable as Hans grew. I saw one of his grandsires, but his cowlick wasn't nearly as noticeable (he was a black and tan btw). I don't really think there is anything that can be done about it... That's just the way his hair grows. He's just a pet anyway.

Wow, thats a big cowlick! lol, Karma has two.. Fate has none. Maybe he has some ridgeback... LOL

Hehehe... We call him a Rhodisian ring-tail doberdaschshund. The ring-tail part is because he's got a ring around his tail of slightly darker hair. It almost looks as if an elastic band had been on his tail for a little while then removed. I'll have to try to photograph it.

I think a got as good a picture of Hans' ringtail as I'm going to get. If the picture doesn't look as clear as it does on my computer, the ring is where the few white hairs are growing.
100_1640.jpg

100_1641.jpg

Wow, what a unique dog Ingrid - I've never seen a tail ring like that either...

I love the cowlick, I think its really cute. The ring on his tail is kinda neat.. I wonder what thats all about.

I love the cowlick, I think its really cute. The ring on his tail is kinda neat.. I wonder what thats all about.
So do I:confused: I was hoping the more experienced dobe people would know and maybe have some insight on the white hairs.

guess you will always be able to prove its your dog :)

That's what I was thinking:D No microchip necessary to ID my little guy! Although a microchip might be a good idea just in case he ever gets lost without a collar on...

someone told me that when dobes fight (playing) and lose hair it grows back white. but everytime i seen white hair, its only been one or two.. and karma has a few... and when i got her she was pretty beat up, so she should of had more.

I think the ring tail... is just where the vet was GONNA dock... so its the marker he used to draw the line. you really should wash your dog :D

I think most dobes have a couple of white hairs. Skoll has 2 or 3 on the top of her head as well.

Back