1. Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Good bye my old friend.

Discussion in 'Memorials' started by Gelcoater, Dec 12, 2013.

1. watson123

watson123 Active Member

I'm so sorry for your loss! it sounded like she lived a great life!

RIP Maxie!:sorrow:

2. Gelcoater

Gelcoater Expert ThreadCrapper $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber

:(
    It seems even harder to deal with today,not sure why.
    Just walking around the last couple of days in a daze,trying not to burst into tears.Everything reminds me of her.
    I might have to sell this house.
    We're going to some "white party" tonight,birthday party for a relative.Im not feeling very festive,my favorite part of this deal will be getting in the car to leave.Trying to snap out of this and put on a "happy" face......:)

:(

• Like Like x 1
  3. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Aww hugs Gel. We all have those very difficult moments when we lose one we love so much and you're not alone there at all. They never leave our hearts or minds, but there is peace in knowing that they've had such a good life with us and we will always have a connection with them.

Don't ever hesitate to message me if you want to talk. I understand.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Rosco

Rosco Hot Topics Subscriber

Very sorry for your loss!!

5. MyBuddy

MyBuddy Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Aw, Gel, I know exactly how you feel. :( I mourn a very long time when I loose my pets. I never really 'get over it'. My first Doberman was very special and I could not look at pictures for a few years after he passed. I had to have my daughter do a little organizing of his pics on my computer because I just couldn't do it. Everyone deals with loss differently. I usually crawl in a hole for a while and can't talk to anyone. At least without crying. And some people get tired of that. I don't. So cry all you want, talk all you want............someone will always be here for you.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Dragonborn

Dragonborn Hot Topics Subscriber

I had been wondering where youve been & then I saw this... im so sorry Gel. No words really can help, time heals all. And im certain maxie had a wonderful life with u... Run Free! <3 Were all here if u need us...

7. DocReverto

DocReverto Formerly CRD

So sorry to hear this man.
    Sorry I am late.

8. Gelcoater

We got a condolence card in the mail a few days ago from the vet we took her to that night.We had never been to that vet before.It was hand signed by the entire staff.
    Yesterday morning I mentioned to the wife I wish we had done one of those paw print deals with Maxie at some point in her 15 years with us:rolleyes:

So we picked up her ashes from the vet yesterday,it was the first stop on a busy schedule of last minute shopping,getting the kids from school,tutor,homework,dinner,dishes,etc. image.jpg
    We didn't even open it yesterday.This morning the wife just came in here in tears,the vet had done a paw print of Maxie and included it in the package.
    They also included a small packet of wild flower seeds to spread with her ashes.
    So now we're both a couple of blubbering idiots all over again.:oops:Im sure when they get home from school today and see this we will have two more.
    It's quite a bit farther away but I'm thinking I may have just found a new vet;)
    We can't help but feel they really went out of there way,we are very touched.

• Like Like x 7
  9. MyBuddy

MyBuddy Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

I am so touched!! :love: What a wonderful gesture! I've gotten cards before but this was really a beautiful thing they did!!! And I don't blame you!! I would have been a ''blubbering idiot'' too!!! Nothing wrong with tears. They help cleanse the soul.

10. Rach

Rach Hot Topics Subscriber

That is so touching and thoughtful of them... I'm a blubbering idiot right now... bless... peaceful vibes to you and yours

11. Marinegeekswife

Marinegeekswife Hot Topics Subscriber

That is beautiful Gel! What a lovely touch from the vet.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Gelcoater

Jess,that paw impression was about the best Christmas present this family could have possibly received this year.

And...we're going for our first meet with Rocky this weekend:)

• Like Like x 3
  13. Marinegeekswife

Marinegeekswife Hot Topics Subscriber

I can completely understand that. What wonderful people to go so above and beyond.

14. Gelcoater

Came across this shot I figured I would share,Maxie and Daisy getting to know each other. image.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  15. ariegel

ariegel Active Member

That is really great!

16. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

How Wonderful Gel and they put the cremains together very nicely with all they did! We got a paw print impression from our vet too when we had Dodie cremated and I was totally shocked and thrilled that they did such a sweet thing.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Gelcoater

I have not forgotten you,my old friend.
    It's a bit hard to believe it's been a year,and two days.Three days techically.
    Always in our hearts,I still find your fur in places,like under that chair just the other day.
    We miss you Maxie.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2014
  18. Ingrid H

Ingrid H Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

So sorry to hear of Maxie's passing. She was a real character!

19. Gelcoater

After mentioning her in a post about TV watching, in a strange coincidence my pal Ken the giant randomly sent me a picture this evening.
    His boy Buddy, a yellow lab/pit mix and Maxie. This was in their younger days, on one of our many desert trips.
    Looks like ol Buddy is getting ready to snarl at her for diving over him to be a camera ham:D
    EF864863-1BCB-45EB-81F8-1943E550DEFE.jpeg

Buddy was one of the few dogs we knew that was allowed within the inner circle, so to speak, lol.
    He was allowed to be around our children, and drink from her water, and lay in the same general vicinity without being lit up.:shock:
    She may look small, but so is a honey badger. And you know how those things are? They learned it from her. :eek:

• Appreciation Appreciation x 4
    • Empathetic Empathetic x 1