Easy Leather Leash Making

That is very simple,neat and convenient way to make a leather leash.Thank you so much for sharing such wonderful ideas to us.I am going to try and make one next week when I get home.

Could anyone give me info on where to get the materials to make this leash?
I would really appreciate it.
Tandy Leather would be a good place to start. Tandy sells strips of leather in various widths and lengths and you can get the clasps at most hardware stores or even recycle a clasp off an old leash. I buy hides and cut my own strips and straps, but for small projects you're better off buying pre-cut strips. A tack shop might be able to help you out with leather strips if there is one in your area.

Tandy Leather would be a good place to start. Tandy sells strips of leather in various widths and lengths and you can get the clasps at most hardware stores or even recycle a clasp off an old leash. I buy hides and cut my own strips and straps, but for small projects you're better off buying pre-cut strips. A tack shop might be able to help you out with leather strips if there is one in your area.

Thanks Ingrid H I really want to make them something I don't know if there is a Track shop near me but I sure will look into it, if not then i will buy it from the web, and I have a couple of clasps around my house Baby Girl used to brim me her leash so that I would take her for a walk, even though it was a cute thing about her, the leash didn't always make it back to me complete:)

Here's another quick project you can do with the technique in this thread. They are called "tabs" and are used to get a quick handle on your dog. You can make two and use them to make a coupler for walking two dogs on the same leash, or just hook onto the end of one tab.
100_2472.jpg

Very cool Ingrid! I would have never thought of that either, but it's a great idea!

Back