Ear cropping

Heatherd

Hi we are in the process of rescuing a Doberman puppy she’s six months old she had her ears Cropped however the owners did not leave her ears cropped up long enough so they have flopped over my question is are we able to re-tape her ears will that help them stand I’m not sure how long ago she had her ears cropped

We are resuming her from a vet. She is a owner surrender. They they cropped her ears to be a show dog and just didn’t wanna deal with her and ended up literally just getting rid of her

Wow, some people! At her age, it will be critical to keep her posted as the time for getting them standing may be running out. If the previous owners wanted to show her, it may be a long crop which does take a while longer to finish posting. Once you do get her (how exciting and congratulations by the way!), do hold her ears up so that everyone can see the length and it'll be easier to provide more advice. For now, you should get your posting supplies ready.

1659029835801.png

I am going to completely contradict myself here so I can remain neutral stance on this- hahaha!!

At 6months, I would say you would be pushing it to get ears to stand- especially if they have been down for a long period of time.

On the other hand…..in that picture, I see a rounded ear, not a broken or creased ear- which is fantastic news!

I would most definitely get my posting supplies ready and get those ears up in post ASAP!

Good Luck!

Everything about:
posting
cropped ears
Parvo
dobershark
doberteens
training
Etc…..

All of this and ALOT more are on this forum.
Read this forum front to back- back to front.

From this page, click the three lines in upper left hand corner and then click on forums. Scroll down and read/learn everything here.

Here is a thread for ears:

Congrats on your upcoming new addition!

I say it would be well worth it to try to post them. You really don't need a kit, just the supplies listed in the link above.

Back