DPCA drama

Yes, unless I am mistaken that was held same time in Topeka, not sure if the show videographer was covering both but inferring the economic effect may have made the question about zoom on livestream confo problematic last minute.
I got the UDC email on Sept 21 that stated it was canceled due to lack of entries. No other reason was stated. I don't know for a fact about any live stream, but if they had full entries of dog teams, judges, tracking space reserved, and helpers lined up, there is no way they would cancel their trial because a videographer canceled. I can't imagine the ordeal of having to tell all these people that were hired and making plans to be there that they had to cancel due to lack of entries, but couldn't imagine them having more than enough entries and canceling.

I don't have any input on the DPCA drama thing. Awkward no matter how you look at it, everybody lost respect in my eyes.
 
I don't have any input on the DPCA drama thing. Awkward no matter how you look at it, everybody lost respect in my eyes.
Just a wild guess, but familiarity with the conformation world, it is full of cliques. Breeders that dislike other breeders, or the dog's type etc. I'm of the opinion that this was personal, a dislike of Mullen, the dogs she produced, the type she prefers as a judge, and her willingness to see faults. If you go on DobeQuest and look at the dogs she produced (Terrylane) you'd see some very nice structurally sound dogs. The fact that they got her to renounce her membership in DPCA likely had them clapping like 🦭 seals. Just mho because I know the type of people that they are.
 
I don't have any input on the DPCA drama thing. Awkward no matter how you look at it, everybody lost respect in my eyes.
This! Behaving poorly and publicly is never the answer. Everyone should be more mature. Online, you represent every group you’re a part of whether you mean to or not. DPCA members behaving badly is a reflection of the group. And someone who doesn’t know Theresa now sees this drama first and foremost. Not a good look, even though the frustration seems more than justified to me.
 
familiarity with the conformation world, it is full of cliques. Breeders that dislike other breeders
And it especially bad in the Doberman circle. Heaven forbid a new breeder with worthy, health tested dogs tries to breed them or the nasty rumors are going to start circulating. Every single one of them had to start somewhere and you need some pretty thick skin if you do want to breed.
 
I got the UDC email on Sept 21 that stated it was canceled due to lack of entries. No other reason was stated. I don't know for a fact about any live stream, but if they had full entries of dog teams, judges, tracking space reserved, and helpers lined up, there is no way they would cancel their trial because a videographer canceled. I can't imagine the ordeal of having to tell all these people that were hired and making plans to be there that they had to cancel due to lack of entries, but couldn't imagine them having more than enough entries and canceling.

I don't have any input on the DPCA drama thing. Awkward no matter how you look at it, everybody lost respect in my eyes.
I'd like to clarify something- in case I inadvertently conflated two orgs...

The DPCA announced no live stream had to do with "no zoom call allowed" by Mullen, on the Confo side.

The UDC Fall event was held same weekend, but different hotel and different site for trials.

I dont know why UDC had to cancel, but it would have no connection to the show side kerfluffle which is on DPCA...

not the UDC,
two separate groups of people.

I know the cognoscenti here get that- its for noobs like me, and lurkers later.

Sorry for the confusion.
 
Last edited:
And moving on, at least for my interest- WAE and Breed Standard, on dogs produced by breeders "that do it all"...is first proof of temperament, and what I want: calm confident, accurate assessment of threat, to warn, and quick to recover/reset from startle...

I'll take that all day long vs elegant swan neck thats been socialized to go to and from the pro handlers RV to ring baited with treats on a snake lead...🧐

Owner handlers are the future of the breed, just saying.
And breeders who proof dogs on both sides are the pinnacle.

Anything else ?

Hmmmm...
Maybe some breeders or experienced owners might do a zoom, or post up informal videos after to explain to us noobs how it works...
after is fine, bits and pieces as Shorts, etc.

Someone here has said "look to the helpers for clips...I dont know who, but if anyone has a pointer, PM me..."

The marketing point being this:
a picture is worth a thousand words, and in this day and age of social media- video is easy to produce and post...youtube studio off a smartphone video clip...

The opportunity for all dog sport is get young people involved. I like the vibe from what I've seen of UDC (and AWDF) so kudos to the folks involved that can share in anyway.

BTW:
The next working dobe event is this:

BOLO for any good stuff on IG or FB...
 

Back
Top