Della had a tough day...

Thanks again everyone. She seems to be totally normal again today but I can't say I am after worrying all night. ;)

The support from everyone here really means a lot. :ty:

Thanks again everyone. She seems to be totally normal again today but I can't say I am after worrying all night. ;)

The support from everyone here really means a lot. :ty:
I’d imagine one of the drugs is a diuretic, Lasix or something like that.
Keep an eye on her water intake.

Thanks again everyone. Unfortunately she really declined on Sunday and had many serious episodes of arrhythmia but we figured out that it really did help to massage her neck/jowl area (forget what it's called now) to bring her out of it. Hubby brought her back to the vet on Monday morning (I had to work) and the vet increased her meds. Unfortunately only a cardiologist can prescribe any anti-arrhythmia meds and the nearest one is 4 hours away, one way and I'm almost positive the stress from that trip would kill her right now. :(
I'm waiting for a call back from the vet right now to see if it's possible to send a copy of her records to the cardiologist down there to see if she could get a prescription without having to actually having to see her.

At any rate, she's staying pretty stable right now as long as we can limit her activity and stress level. They sure can worry us sick...

s. Unfortunately only a cardiologist can prescribe any anti-arrhythmia meds and the nearest one is 4 hours away, one way and I'm almost positive the stress from that trip would kill her right now. :(
I think I’d be calling and talking with him/her for sure.

Thank you for your continued support and prayers everyone.
Did you manage to get the prescription?
I haven't been able to get the anti-arrhythmic but I was able to get the Vetmedin to add to her meds and she has responded very well to them all. I actually had to settle them down last night because they were playing too hard and I don't want her over doing it (even though her heart rate remained good) because you never know when things can turn back the other way.

I'm so sorry to hear Della is having a hard time. Prayers you can get this under control! Sounds like the meds are helping, so that's great news.

Oh my. I’m just now getting caught up after being gone for a while, and I’m so sorry to read Della has been having trouble. I’m glad the meds are helping. What’s the next step? Anxious to hear how she does. Prayers for her to return to her good ol’ self.

Back