1. Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Dela's Second Foster... ;)

Discussion in 'Memorials' started by deladobies, Jun 20, 2009.

1. deladobies

deladobies Member

Thanks Jan, Ill be needing that shoulder very soon.

Thanks everyone, I wish I had better news. I was hoping to shar her recovery with DC and watch her grow old in a family that would love her forever.

Guess things dont always go the way we want them to, but she is out of pain now and in a better family then anyone could have ever offered her...

2. MLR

MLR Novitiate

Oh, dela. I'm so so sorry this had to happen. When I think of what she had already suffered laying outside all those months after being hit by a car and then in that shelter with no personal interaction. At least she knew she was safe and loved and cared for. I know that's not enough for you right now but sometimes that's all we get in situations like this. In her last moments she knew you were there. I believe she would have given up sooner if she had stayed in that shelter. But she hung on long enough to find you. I don't know the reason for all this. But there is one you can be sure of it. One thing I do know for certain is that you didn't cause any of this to happen. It was already set in motion before you came along. You couldn't have known. And you did the absolute best you could for her and beyond.

3. deladobies

deladobies Member

Thank you so much MLR, you are always such a sweetheart. I really needed that. Thank you for your kind words Mary Lou. You truely do know what to say to make people feel at ease...

I know that she was happy to be here but not as happy as I was to find her. She will forever have a place in my heart for as long as I live.

I just pray that everyone learns from this. It can truely happen to anyone... Please please please watch your babies closely

4. apbtmom76

apbtmom76 Guest

Dela - I was so very upset to see this moved to the memeorials section. I am so sorry you had to loos this girl, just like a few others have mentioned at least she knew what love was on her last day here on earth. You have done a wonderful thing and she knows that, tons of :hug:s coming your way. You have a very big heart girl and you have tons of love to give.

RIP Dixie, run free and know no more pain.

5. DoberDon

DoberDon Hot Topics Subscriber

I'm so sorry Dela,God bless you for giving Dixie a wonderful day of love and attention.I know there's nothing I can say right now that'll help much but please realise that best possible case she still would have been facing surguries and treatments that would have guaranteed her a very painful future.
    You are the last person to blame for this. Whomever the original owner was should be arrested and legally prevented from ever owning an animal again! Same thing with the woman who drug her into her back yard! You are quite possibly the only love she ever knew,please don't feel guilty for that.I'll be praying for comfort for you,Don

6. MyBuddy

MyBuddy Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Oh my gosh, I'm just reading this for the first time, from the first good day, to the sad ending...I am crushed for you! My first thought was how could that woman keep this injured dog in her back yard for so long without help! I want to smack her! How insane? And then you come along and give her so much needed love and attention! She needed that so much! The time spent with you is what is important. She was probably not destined to be here much longer but think of how much you gave her in such a short time! You helped her cross over in your arms. Hugs to you Dela and your caring ways.

7. Dobiegirl

Dobiegirl Novitiate

Oh my Dela my heart hurts and I have a pit in my stomach...I am so sorry...I don't know wut to say....I want to bawl but knowing she had your love at the end is comforting to some extent...I know first hand about bloat...very terriable thing.....

Rest in peace sweet little girl.....find my Cody and you two can share your stories...tell her mamma still loves her......

8. dobiemom

dobiemom Notable member

Oh Dela you're story made me cry... I am always so afraid of my girl bloating. Thank you for sharing such a difficult experience with us to hopefully help prevent someone else from experiencing the same pain and loss. My heart goes out to you right now and please don't feel like it's your fault. You did not have a chance to know she had bloat, especially considering it started right before bedtime and she'd had barely anything to eat or drink. Life is not often fair but I believe there is a reason for everything even if we don't always know what it is. You may or may not know what the reason was that Dixie came into your life but I believe your purpose in her life was to show her what it felt like to be loved and to be part of a real family before her time came. I hope you can find comfort in knowing that she was able to leave this world in your loving arms and there was nothing better you could have done for her. Okay now I'm crying again. I am very sorry Dela, I've been in a somewhat similar situation and I know how you are feeling... please be kind to yourself right now. ~hugs~

9. titan1

titan1 Notable member

damn! that just ripped my heart out. I can not even fathom. I am so sorry

10. DobesMom

DobesMom Member

I completely agree!!!!

11. DobesMom

DobesMom Member

Awww, damn. I'm sorry. At least she got SOME love, poor baby.

12. BlueEyes

BlueEyes Guest

I am soo sorry for your loss!!! Poor dobie girl!!! You were such a blessing to that babies final days!!! You completed her life in a way no one else ever did! People such as yourself are a God send! Rest in Peace Dixie.