• Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”

Cyst like bump on dog hind leg

Dobielover94

Novitiate
There is a small bump. Started on her hind leg two weeks ago. It is now growing in size, now a little blood is coming out. Cannot pop it. She's two years old. I've never seen something like this on her before. Hoping to remedy at home. Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Attachments

• 16553579483307960679035666683563.jpg
    16553579483307960679035666683563.jpg
    651 KB · Views: 10
  • 16553579726066965275489845582569.jpg
    16553579726066965275489845582569.jpg
    417.3 KB · Views: 10
Does she lick or "flea" that area constantly? It can become obsessive licking or chewing that area. Then it can break the skin and become a hot spot. You can google "hot spot on dogs" for multiple treatments & causes, too much to list here. This would be my first guess by the time frame & photos.

You can try this. We used this on our boy Yago when he had an open sore.
Just over $12 for the 2.6oz on Amazon
Keep putting it on a few times a day.
The hardest part will try keeping her from licking the area.

Keep us posted.

1655391546124.png

It looks like the area has multiple small blisters on close inspection. I would keep it clean, maybe cleaning with a shampoo specific to allergies at least twice daily. If it doesn’t improve over a 2 wk period, or if it starts to have an odor or ooze pus, I would call the vet. An odor would definitely suggest an infection that needs antibiotics. I’m not a vet, so take my suggestion with a grain of salt.

Does she lick or "flea" that area constantly? It can become obsessive licking or chewing that area. Then it can break the skin and become a hot spot. You can google "hot spot on dogs" for multiple treatments & causes, too much to list here. This would be my first guess by the time frame & photos.
She has her flea/tick meds but does bite a bit around that area or by her tail. I haven't seen any fleas...🤔 I'll look up hot spot. Thank you!

It looks like the area has multiple small blisters on close inspection. I would keep it clean, maybe cleaning with a shampoo specific to allergies at least twice daily. If it doesn’t improve over a 2 wk period, or if it starts to have an odor or ooze pus, I would call the vet. An odor would definitely suggest an infection that needs antibiotics. I’m not a vet, so take my suggestion with a grain of salt.
Thank you for the suggestion! I'll continue to clean it. I've been giving her some "vets best seasonally allergy support" thank you for the advice. I'll keep an eye on it. Hopefully it doesn't start to have an odor...

You can try this. We used this on our boy Yago when he had an open sore.
Just over $12 for the 2.6oz on Amazon
Keep putting it on a few times a day.
The hardest part will try keeping her from licking the area.

Keep us posted.

View attachment 126704
Hi! Thank you for the suggestion. I'll purchase some of that. Never heard of it before.

It can become obsessive licking or chewing that area
I was going to mention the OCD as well since Dobermans are prone to over licking if you don't tell them to 'leave it'. Amazing thing is that they do stop when told. Also, good way to prevent over licking is to keep them mentally and physically tired. I'd exercise her a bit more while treating those spots so they can heal up. Vetricyn is amazing stuff - I second that suggestion.

She has her flea/tick meds but does bite a bit around that area or by her tail. I haven't seen any fleas...🤔 I'll look up hot spot. Thank you!
When I said "flea" the area - not meaning to say she has fleas, it's that distinct biting they do on their own skin - little tiny fast nibbles with their front teeth. :scratch: I'm not sure how to describe it in words, but you know it when they do it. LOL. Anyway, I call that "flea-ing", and they can do it incessantly, OCD-like, and really irritate the skin. So yeah, nothing to do with fleas (unless she DOES have them), it's just a term I use for that recognizable biting/grooming.

Back