Critters and wildlife in your area - post your pics

Looks like the Acorn Woodpecker to me - they were rather common at my house when I kept the feeders full and the suet out.

My photos are on comment #1820 on this thread if you want to see more. They are really fun to watch.
 
Not a great photo, taken from the drivers window of the truck.
View attachment 163893

A roadrunner, doing things roadrunners do when not being chased by Wile E

There is a woman on social media who has a roadrunner (not sure if it's through some sort of rehab thing or if he's wild and just hangs with her) but I SWEAR that bird wags his tail when he brings her a treasure!

I know I posted the Chinese Mantis I found the other day in the garden thread but I'm here today so here is the Carolina Mantis we found last night and who was still hanging around this morning. A good sized female if I'm not mistaken! Hope she finds a safe place for an ootheca in the yard!

1791558126087.webp
 

Back
Top