Thanks @JanS I never appreciated how much diversity in birds species and their range until I tried the Merlin app.Oh I see it now. We have house finches and purple finches and they're pretty tough to tell apart at a glance.
We have a lot of redpolls right now and I couldn't tell on your photo how much red they had on their head.
The ones on the deck rail here are redpolls without a doubt.
View attachment 158945

I use it all the time, especially in the summer when I want to record something I'm unsure of out there singing. They are from the Cornell Lab of Ornithology so it's one of the most reputable bird places around.I never appreciated how much diversity in birds species and their range until I tried the Merlin app.
Probably raccoon, looks pretty close to coon tracks we have around the shop hereAnyone have any ideas what these tracks are from? They are probably 3 to 4 inches long. The long finger-like toes throw me off View attachment 158992
nature-mentor.com
Tracks in the dust on a cover

^^^ Truth ^^^Don’t let your dogs near them they are mean as hell when cornered.
Yup! Have heard a big bull coon will kick a GSDs butt...and then there's what to do if you get bit separating them...(that would be me, duh!)Here’s a couple of shots of tracks at the shop.
View attachment 158997Tracks in the dust on a coverView attachment 158998
And then coming down from the trash compactor.View attachment 158999
During Covid we had 2 shifts running day and night to thin the population of people in the shop at any one time.
Night shift had doors open at night and one made its way inside in noticed.
Tore the hell out the upholstery department foam stacks. And a wall in the showroom, they tore into the drywall in the back corner by the windows trying to escape.
Don’t let your dogs near them they are mean as hell when cornered.
Wow I've heard you have cougars down that way.Here are a couple (rather crappy) photos from our cheapie game cam at the end of the driveway, from late last year. Heading towards the house.
Yes, although I never expected to see one tooling up the driveway. A few years ago when our next door neighbor was starting their new house, their builder took this photo RIGHT in front of their property, right off our ranch road. He took some video too, although I can't post it here. The cat looked to be fairly young, had killed a deer and left it right on the road, and when the builder drove by, he saw the dead deer and then looked up and saw the lion, waiting for him to go away so he could finish his meal! And I had thought about walking down the road w/ the dog in that direction that day, even though I usually go up the road when I walk.Wow I've heard you have cougars down that way.