Clubs: Better Late Than Never

In pic #2 she looks like she is having fun like come on guy let me get that reward already! Is she barking at him there holding him or sitting waiting to go.. I still can’t get Brooke to bark at this but man does she love when we work with the arm sleeve

In pic #2 she looks like she is having fun like come on guy let me get that reward already! Is she barking at him there holding him or sitting waiting to go.. I still can’t get Brooke to bark at this but man does she love when we work with the arm sleeve
She's a barking dog, only way to stop her is to give her what she wants LOL. Here's another: fullsizeoutput_318.jpeg

Good girl Asha!! Oh what fun you are going to have with her now! I LOVE when we start something new, that my dog is really enjoying and excelling. The new challenge and the big goals ahead of us, all the new things to learn...I'm so excited for you!

Try teaching speak or Gib luat, for a piece of food or treat. When she makes the slightest noise make with yes and give treat. Once she understands this give command when sleeve is presented, she only gets a grip when she barks. She will learn this fame quickly.

I LOVE when we start something new, that my dog is really enjoying and excelling
Right? When I get done with Ob or Rally class, I just feel like Asha did OK and is coming along. When we got done yesterday I felt like Asha rocked it. There are dogs that I've seen training on the field with only half the natural drive. It makes me happy that Asha gets to do something she wants to do!

It definitely looks like she has found her passion! And this was exactly what you wanted back when you were looking for a pup so that has come together beautifully. And she is also a good looking girl so double points. :love:

She looks like she’s having fun doing it too!
She was born for this, I'm just late to the party.

It definitely looks like she has found her passion! And this was exactly what you wanted back when you were looking for a pup so that has come together beautifully. And she is also a good looking girl so double points.
When I looked so hard for a dog that would do this naturally, I had no idea what else that puppy would put me though to get to express her genes. Two points to this: If you get a dog like this and don't let them express what they are genetically geared to do, you will both be miserable. If you want to do this kind of sport and don't have the experience, go for the gusto. A great dog will take you along for the ride.

Right? When I get done with Ob or Rally class, I just feel like Asha did OK and is coming along. When we got done yesterday I felt like Asha rocked it. There are dogs that I've seen training on the field with only half the natural drive. It makes me happy that Asha gets to do something she wants to do!
Always great to see a dog doing what it was designed for, seeing the genetics come out is always a joy.

Try teaching speak or Gib luat, for a piece of food or treat. When she makes the slightest noise make with yes and give treat. Once she understands this give command when sleeve is presented, she only gets a grip when she barks. She will learn this fame quickly.
Yes we been working on this for some time now with Brooke but she just loves to sit there and stay quiet and wait lol. Bruce picked up on it so fast but we will get there with Brooke

Any tricks to get her to speak lol
My Dobe from 25 years ago I taught to bark as a command because I thought it would be a cute trick. Basically just taught it through frustration. I put her on the porch with a screen door and from the inside I repeated "Bark!" really excitedly, and would jump around and act silly. She would start running around and of course want to join me, but the door was there and she finally made a little bark in frustration - I swung the door open and we had a party. Then rinse & repeat, didn't take but a few times and she soon knew the bark command. She was not a natural barker at all. She barked at squirrels and that's about it. Total sweetheart. This one I have now has been barking at something or everything since about 3 months old and I can't make it stop. :pullhair:

Any tricks to get her to speak lol
We always back tie them then use prey drive to frustrate them keeping their toy just out of reach. If they make any sound they get the toy abs you play. It helps to have a second dog that knows the game to imprint on the new dog. We do it a lot with puppies in a circle and run the flirt pole around in front of them all first to bark gets the reward. They will typically all catch on watching the others win.

My Dobe from 25 years ago I taught to bark as a command because I thought it would be a cute trick. Basically just taught it through frustration. I put her on the porch with a screen door and from the inside I repeated "Bark!" really excitedly, and would jump around and act silly. She would start running around and of course want to join me, but the door was there and she finally made a little bark in frustration - I swung the door open and we had a party. Then rinse & repeat, didn't take but a few times and she soon knew the bark command. She was not a natural barker at all. She barked at squirrels and that's about it. Total sweetheart. This one I have now has been barking at something or everything since about 3 months old and I can't make it stop. :pullhair:
Ya Brooke is VERY good at barking when she is being alert and will bark only when she hears some kind of noise when in the yard or something and I love that she does it and I praise her for watching the yard but when it comes to me getting her to do it for a treat toy forget about it she just sits and waits nicely lol maybe I’ll work more with Bruce and her and she if she will pick up on him doing it

Back