Building A Frame climbers

Ddski5

Hot Topics Subscriber
$ Forum Donor $
So I think I am going to get distracted from the coop for a couple of hours and build Freyja some AFrame climbers/jumps. Nothing professional like but I know she would love it…take her in back yard and have her climb, jump, stay, run, etc kinda like an agility ring. She is begging to engage and run but I am not nearly as challenging to what Rag was to her. Them two use to run for hours like stallions in the pasture.

Lots of videos on this.

1688733271018.jpeg

Every day when I leave from work I see these pallets just sitting there and my mind always goes to getting them to build for Freyja. Definitely will need to slim them down and make sure they are safe from splinters, etc…

I will figure it out and post begin/progress/finish.

Please add comments and suggestions.

1C79E59C-6A6C-4EB2-8F53-8D99A624085A.jpeg

Here’s an older thread, might give you some ideas or tips

Here’s an older thread, might give you some ideas or tips
Awesome! thanks for posting that. Maybe could be implemented with free pallets? And @Ddski5 if you don't need to train/play on regulation size I could see hinging some pallets covered with astro-turf for fun and games! If Freyja starts showing you talent that you want to up the ante then you can give it another go!

In IGP Obedience 1, you have to recall from other side of a steep A-frame. The first time I tried it at the club (official size and angle) she would just come around. She would go over it with me running with her, but not recall from a sit-stay on the other side. It took 2 people to reset the angle of that heavy A-frame, it was heavy duty! Anyway she got it after a try or two once it was at a lower angle so she could see me over the top, then we put it up where she couldn't see me and did the recall and she came on over. That's the reason for the hinges and chains, in case you are wondering. What you see dogs do on videos may be the end result, not the first part of training!

If you just want a play ground, do what you want and have fun with Freyja. And then send pictures or videos for us. ;)

Every day when I leave from work I see these pallets just sitting there and my mind always goes to getting them to build for Freyja. Definitely will need to slim them down and make sure they are safe from splinters, etc…

I will figure it out and post begin/progress/finish.

Please add comments and suggestions.

View attachment 136077
Kent bought a pallet buster bar. Well worth the money!

@Ddski5 did you decide to work on this? Hahaha, I just looked to see what the regulation size for IGP is, and it's wider but not as tall, ran across this on Amazon. $2K is why I don't own one! :pullhair:

I really think this can be done with used pallets, just have to connect them. Not interested in regulation size/height. Just want her to have something to climb and work with. Problem will be that it’s probably gonna be pretty stationary…no moving here and there.

Was going to do this weekend but have to change the oil in three cars and daughters speakers went out in front car door- mow/weed eat.

Will keep you updated.

But

I just came back to post this that I just found.

I know, life things just have to get done, family & chores always come first!

Back