Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Biting and misbehaving?

Discussion in 'Doberman Talk and Discussions' started by @bethybethy, May 7, 2018.

1. Ddski5

Ddski5 Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

That’s a handsome fellow with mischievousness in his eyes.

2. DN2017

DN2017 Member

Just keep distracting and redirecting and just sit.it.out. They WILL grow out of it. The also often do it for attention. It worked best over here if we just stood up and left when he kept going. Ours is 6 months now and it's getting less by the day.

• Like Like x 3
  3. My2Girls

My2Girls Notable member

And if it hasn’t been said, definitely do not squeal or do an exaggerated “ouch” sound. That just kicks in their prey drive and they will think you are playing -kinda like a squeaky toy. Don’t know where that training advise comes from but it definitely does not apply to Dobermans.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. LifeofRubie

LifeofRubie Active Member

Our Lab breeder actually specifically said DON'T do that because they've been teaching him that high pitched noise/squeals mean something exciting! Think about when you're congratulating them for going potty outside, playing with a toy, working on teaching them their name, etc., it's all done in an excited high pitch voice.

I agree the high pitched 'owies' should be left to the dogs :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Doberman Gang

Doberman Gang Hot Topics Subscriber

It shows weakness, a dominant dog will start to take advantage of you if you continue to act like that

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. WiglWerm

WiglWerm Hot Topics Subscriber

What worked for me is having ANOTHER Dobie for Ruby to chew on! :rofl: Poor Spike, He's STILL her chew toy 2 yrs later!:groan:

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Wow x 1
  7. David33

David33 Lurking Member

Best to put her in a muzzle for a while. E collar, too. We had similar issues and resolved them this way.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Wow x 1
  8. David33

David33 Lurking Member

Fully agree. Needs training.

9. DN2017

DN2017 Member

This is a joke, right?:D Or sarcasm?:D

• I was wondering about that too! I was wondering about that too! x 2
  10. Doberman Gang

Doberman Gang Hot Topics Subscriber

Maybe not the best advice for a young puppy.

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. GOD'S GRACE

GOD'S GRACE Notable member

WELCOME TO DCF FROM NC...

Now to the topic,, not the best idea in my box of tools....But maybe you could share your life's experiences and change my mind...

• Like Like x 2