@MischasMomma The chicks are really growing and looking so beautiful!! Are they noisy at all? Have you been able to sex them yet?
@MischasMomma The chicks are really growing and looking so beautiful!! Are they noisy at all? Have you been able to sex them yet?
Any idea on girls and boys? And any eggs yet? We need update pictures!![]()

from them.
I got a bit offrom them.
![]()


They're so pretty!! Lots of color!Sorry it's so late, but pics as promised it rained today, so these are actually from may 12, but these are the most recent I have. Weathers been really yucky here lately!
They look like they are doing well!! Do you have to get rid of the males now or what? 
They're so pretty!! Lots of color!They look like they are doing well!! Do you have to get rid of the males now or what?
![]()
I'm not positive one sexes yet tough so I'd hate to get rid of a hen and end up keeping a rooster! That would be my luck 
here's my girls!!

Isn't it amazing how fast they grow up?
I've lost track....how old are they now? I think the silkies can be a little slower on laying eggs...not sure about but think I read that. But your girls should be ready to start laying around 16-20 weeks.
One of my hens laid her first egg at 16 weeks and it didn't have a shell. I was freaked our thinking I had done something....not enough cacium or something???After all who lays an egg without a shell? She was fine, she laid a normal egg about an hour later.
Should I be feeding the laying feed?

... I've got the nesting box part figured out, but for the life of me not sure how to clean the run I guess it is... any tips?
Hmm......I wondered about the rock when I saw it. Do you have a blower? Maybe blow out what you can and rinse the rest with a hose? The hens may not like the hose so can you lock then up in the nesting box while you are cleaning?