Asha Fast Cat

24 plus MPH is impressive!
It is to me, but it takes 25+ mph to make the top 100 in Dobermans! Since we don't do it often and she's now over 5 years old, I expected her to be slowing down, but we aren't in it for speeds anyway, just to let her bust out and have fun. I only stated her time because it surprised me that she went so fast without doing a Fast Cat since a year ago at this same venue.

Top Dobermans this year (must have 3 runs in the current year to be on this list)

 
Professional photos elude me. On the photographers website, just like last year, only 1 photo of Asha. She didn't get the name, so it's under C for "Campbell (Doberman)". The photo is ok, but not special. And why so many other dogs (just like last year) have 3 to 10 photos to choose from and I get one. ☹️

I can't share unpurchased images, but here's the website (you have to enter your email to view) and ours is in the Coyote Classic Fast Cat.

 
That is a joyful dog. If I do FC it'd be for the same reasons: go scratch your primal canine itches, run flat out after prey!

I've read that participating in the sport doesn't increase the drive to chase animals outside of the context of trashbunny -- have you found this to be the case?
 
I've read that participating in the sport doesn't increase the drive to chase animals outside of the context of trashbunny -- have you found this to be the case?
No, doesn't change anything at home. She never chased our cat or the chickens and still doesn't. She's always been allowed to chase squirrels and still does (to no avail). I'd say if you're having problems with chasing animals at home or on walks (no off or recall) you *might* have an increased drive, but it's such a context-driven thing it won't hold any similarity to home or wildlife situations. If you're solid on training and the dog knows not to chase the cat, chickens, deer, whatever, that will not be undone by chasing the plastic bag.
 

Back
Top