1. Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

A tragic loss for me.

Discussion in 'Memorials' started by pawpads, Jul 30, 2012.

1. Ataro

Ataro Notable member

Condolences, every loss of a family member no matter what the species is a hard one :(

• Like Like x 1
  2. Twisted_Angel

Twisted_Angel Hot Topics Subscriber

I'm so sorry for your loss. It's so sad to hear when someone loses a member of the family, fuzzy or human, the heart hurts the same.

Just remember, he's in a better place, and you'll see him again some day. I know it doesn't help much right now, but I'm sure you made the years he spent with you special and full of love.

I hope his buddy is better soon. *hugs* :'(

Acε'ѕ Mσмму ツ

Sαмѕυиg Sтяαтσѕρнєяє

• Like Like x 1
  3. Luvmydoberman

Luvmydoberman Hot Topics Subscriber

So sorry to hear this news. I know we can't make the pain go away just know that everyone here has gone through this emotionally and are here for you. You're in my thoughts and prayers.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Silent Dobe

Silent Dobe Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. My thoughts are with you and yours.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Max Hawk

Max Hawk Hot Topics Subscriber

We lost my mom's Tennessee Walker to colic quite a few years ago! It's heartbreaking to lose em for whatever the cause! We are so sorry and your in our prayers:sorrow:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Katja Henriksen

Katja Henriksen Forum Sponsor Site Sponsor

How are you holding up?

• Like Like x 2
  7. pawpads

pawpads Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

It's so bad. I really can't believe it really happened. I keep looking for his head to pop up when I walk out. I know I can't change it now....but it's still really raw and very fresh. And poor Crew. I wonder how long it will take him to stop calling and looking for his buddy?

• Like Like x 2
  8. MyBuddy

MyBuddy Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

We can cry together. I cry every time I come here. Really. And it just aches my heart terribly to think of Crew calling for him. Poor guy. I don't know what to do to help him. It tears my heart out. I know it's doing that to you too. Do you have a close friend that can go with you down to the barn and just talk and cry and talk and cry? I cry a million tears when I loose an animal and some times I like to hole up by myself for a while. I'm actually terrified of losing my horse.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Katja Henriksen

Katja Henriksen Forum Sponsor Site Sponsor

So horrible. My superstar had colic surgery last summer and colicked again not that long ago. Scares me to death.
    Big hug from here. There really isn't much we can say to make it better. He will always be with you and you have all those great memories. Just remember that he was with you to teach you something for the next one. :sorrow:

• Like Like x 3
  10. pawpads

My Uncle's little Arab mare is out with Crew....but he is still pacing and calling from time to time. The little mare doesn't seem to be making him feel better. He and Tuff were together a while and we know how close they become. Brian told me to start horse shopping (he's way of trying to make Crew and I feel better:love:). I just miss him...I miss everything about him!

• Like Like x 4
  11. MyBuddy

Well, that's good that he has the Arab mare. Just anyone to be with him. I was gonna suggest a goat or something as a companion. He's still missing his buddy but just like us, he could use a little company.
    I hear ya there. :( Tears are falling. I remember when I lost my last Doberman and a friend was trying to console me, telling me to remember all the good years, etc. and I said, "But I Miss her!! I just want her back!" :*( So unfair. So horrible going through a loss. {{{HUGS}}}

12. pawpads

Thank you so much. I can remember the good times...all the retraining off the track...me hitting the ground :confused::rolleyes:. But I wouldn't trade one day I had with him. To think of how many tears he let me shed hugging him going through my court issues with my ex and when I was having trouble getting my son the help he needed for school. He would stand there perfectly still and just let me hug him and cry.....no jumpy race horse in sight....just my friend, Tuff.

I have started looking at horses for sale. (hard for 2 people to ride when you only have one horse) I'd like to get a QH or type for pleasure riding. Brian isn't the horse person I am and I'd like something a little "cooler" than a TB to put him on. My TB Crew isn't the trial riding horse...he's more of a sport horse. Our plan to move from lower NC is still in motion and we have already started looking at property in different areas. My Phlebotomy class is over in Dec. So 2 horses is a must when we get to our new place (more will be added when we're settled;)). I just knew I'd have Crew for the rest of his life....I just wasn't counting on how short of a time that would be! Tears are flowing even now....my poor boy. He should have had MANY more years.

• Like Like x 1
  13. MyBuddy

For sure! I remember someone telling me how long horses live, like it can be a lifetime. And it can. But the sad truth is they are really so very fragile and things can happen in an instant! :*(

Where are you moving to? Still NC?

14. pawpads

Right now we live in the poorest (and hottest!) county in NC. I really wanted a less humid area with Mountains. Brian wants to stay close to the beach. We had talked about moving out West (which is where I've always wanted to live). But after talking it over day after day...we have decided to stay in the mountain area of NC/ VA or TN. Brian wants to stay on this coast due to his mother (both my parents are dead now). So, I have started the property search based on those things. Mountains for me and yet only a few hours away from the Ocean. I just sold my house that I owned before we were married. After my classes end in December we plan to put this one on the market as well. This is an 11 room brick home. It's nice (even nicer because it is paid for in full!:eek:). I don't think we'll have a hard time selling it. So....looks like early next year we'll move...fingers crossed!:fingersx:

• Like Like x 1
  15. I'm so sorry to read this. I have never lost an animal so quickly, but I know how deep the pain is.
    How wonderful you shared so much life together and had a opportunity to love each other.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Gelcoater

Gelcoater Expert ThreadCrapper $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber

This is so heartbreaking.I am so sorry for your loss,I feel bad for your animals as well.They must be just as broken about this as you are.
    The loss never goes away,but time will help soften the sting of emotions you feel.

• Like Like x 1