1. Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

A tragic loss for me.

Discussion in 'Memorials' started by pawpads, Jul 30, 2012.

1. pawpads

pawpads Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

I know this is a dog forum but I knew if anyone who understand the heavy heart that I am feeling right now....you guys would.
    It is 6:53 am for me right now and I have not slept since the night before last. I lost my "heart horse", Tuff, last night to colic. I have not had to deal with colic in a good many years and it happened so quickly...as it always does. Everything I could do I did but it was too late and I lost. I just don't have the words. He came to me straight from the race track and I retrained him myself. He had a puppy dog attitude and I am going to miss him more than I can put into words.

My other TB, Crew, has been beside himself. It's breaking my heart to here him call for his buddy.

rsz_img_20110822_093952.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. Liberty & Justice

Liberty & Justice Formerly Sophia's Justice Hot Topics Subscriber

Oh god I'm so sorry ! I cannot imagine the pain your feeling right now. I know colic is a tragedy and a fear for horses as bloat is to our beloved Dobermans. I hope you know " tuff " is in a better place right now, though words probably don't help the way you are feeling. Sorry I'm not good at this stuff.............

• Like Like x 2
  3. ariegel

ariegel Active Member

I'm so sorry to hear that!:sorrow: You will be in my thoughts.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Rits

Rits Admin Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

How horrible to hear! Colic is such a scary thing and it can be so quick. I'm sorry to hear about your guy. :( Such handsome boys. :sorrow:

• Like Like x 2
  5. Dobs4ever

Dobs4ever Hot Topics Subscriber

Very sorry - colic or bloat it is very hard to survive. I hate both and have walked the barn many nights in the past keeping them up and moving and having the vet out to tube them.

• Like Like x 2
  6. swiftK9s

swiftK9s Hot Topics Subscriber

I'm so sorry for your loss. :(
    My heart goes out to you.

:sorrow:

• Like Like x 2
  7. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Oh I'm so so sorry Charity. I know just how much it hurts to lose a beloved horse too and my heart just breaks for the one left behind too. :(

RIP Tuff. :sorrow:

• Like Like x 2
  8. Ingrid H

Ingrid H Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

So sorry to hear of your loss. :sorrow: Animals are family too...

• Like Like x 1
  9. GennyB

GennyB Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

So sorry. :sorrow:

• Like Like x 2
  10. kaloric

kaloric Notable member

I'm so sorry, I've lost two of my horses to colic over the years. There's so little you can do.

If it's not too late, I'd highly recommend letting Crew spend some time with his buddy so he can make his peace, I let mine hold a horsey wake with their downed friend for a few hours and it really seems to help them come to terms.

• Like Like x 3
  11. MyBuddy

MyBuddy Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Oh noo, no,no! Oh, gawd, I'm so sorry! I feel your pain so much I can't even type. It's my biggest fear and I cry every time I just think about it, so now, I'm crying again...for you, for your loss of a great buddy, and for your other horse, who doesn't understand. How terribly sad. BIG {{{HUGS}}}

• Like Like x 2
  12. freem6

freem6 Hot Topics Subscriber

I am so sorry for your loss! It is a big fear for me too! I have had friends that have lost horses to colic also! You did your best! It just wasnt meant to be.

• Like Like x 2
  13. sammy

sammy Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Really sorry to hear this :(

• Like Like x 2
  14. obbanner

obbanner $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber

Sorry for your loss. That's a beautiful picture. I lost my horse to sand colic, so know how tough it is. :sorrow:

• Like Like x 2
  15. DreamValley

DreamValley Well-Known Member

I am so sorry....

• Like Like x 2
  16. Katja Henriksen

Katja Henriksen Forum Sponsor Site Sponsor

CRAP! That is the last thing we want to happen to our horses and it is so heartbreaking and scary to watch them in such pain and agony. I am so so sorry and I know exactly what you are going through. How absolutely horrible. :( Poor Crew, he misses his buddy so much.

Cry and then cry some more. Make sure to get it out and to mourn properly as it will otherwise surface at a later time. So so hard to go through and we are sending hugs from here. :sorrow:

• Like Like x 3
  17. My Mateese

My Mateese Notable member

OMG I am so very sorry, I know how you feel, believe
    me, I lost a horse to the very same thing. I am sorry and
    my heart goes out to you. Horses get very close........
    I am sending a ton of PRAYERS AND SPECIAL THOUGHTS.

I AM SO VERY SORRY.:love::sorrow:

• Like Like x 2
  18. pawpads

pawpads Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Thank you everyone for all the kind words. I was taking every precaution to avoid this for years but nothing is 100%. I just wish I could have done more....colic is so painful. I just....I can't do anything. I've cried and cried and cried some more and I just can't stop seeing him in my mind in pain. I'm so sad and so angry!
    But thank you all....truly. It means a lot.

• Like Like x 3
  19. MyBuddy

MyBuddy Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

I wish I knew what to say to you to help you, but I know if it were me, I'm be inconsolable too. I cry every time I come to a thread where someone has lost a beloved pet. It just breaks my heart. Sometimes I think all you can do is cry and cry and cry some more. We are mourning with you. This will take a long time to get over, I'm sure. I'm scared to death of losing my heart horse. Any of them, for sure but she is special, just like yours. I won't know how to handle it either........except to cry a million tears.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Marinegeekswife

Marinegeekswife Hot Topics Subscriber

I'm so sorry for your loss. Colic always terrified me.

• Like Like x 2