A female red is a coming.....

:congrats: She is precious and so excited to be home! Ragnar looks so happy!! There will be some excitement in your home!!
 
That is the sweetest thing I've seen for a long time! It's great that the two of them bonded so quickly and it looks like Ragnar is pretty happy about it. These little girls are snugglers...
 
I was outside with Ragnar working on our driveway gate when Tyson pulled up. I put Ragnar in a sit and stepped outside the gate and met Tyson and received our new pup. At first, she was so scared and did not want to come to me so Tyson places her in my arms. She peed all down my shirt and was very quiet and still. Then all of a sudden Ragnar barked and she perked up looking over my shoulder. Her nub started shaking side to side 100mph and she let a little yip back at him. She then squirmed and tried crawling out of my arms to get to Ragnar.

Yes, pretty cool story. I like to think they were saying “Hey, what’s up” to each other but truth be told she prob thought he was one of the black Dobermans she was used to hanging with back in Michigan.

Left him outside and brought her into the living room to let her meet the family. She walked around sniffing and running like a free baby antelope on the prairie. It’s like she knew she was at her new home and she really really liked it.

Payt took her to her room and I let Ragnar in and put him at a stay on the couch, then called Payt back in. Ragnar stiffened and started breathing hard as soon as he saw her. He can’t stand little yippie dogs at all. They both locked on each other and she slowly crept to him, she got to about one foot from him and he launched off the couch towards her. She flipped over yelping and took off the other way banging into the recliner chair. I got a hold of Ragnar and put him back on the couch and looked back and she was creeping around the recliner to see where the big bad wolf went......it was so funny, like a kids story. She crept back to us with her nub wagging, Ragnar’s nub was wagging so I just set him free to do as they may. It turned out extremely well from there and she follows him everywhere he goes. I am absolutely ecstatic with how everything is going!!
 
I was outside with Ragnar working on our driveway gate when Tyson pulled up. I put Ragnar in a sit and stepped outside the gate and met Tyson and received our new pup. At first, she was so scared and did not want to come to me so Tyson places her in my arms. She peed all down my shirt and was very quiet and still. Then all of a sudden Ragnar barked and she perked up looking over my shoulder. Her nub started shaking side to side 100mph and she let a little yip back at him. She then squirmed and tried crawling out of my arms to get to Ragnar.

Yes, pretty cool story. I like to think they were saying “Hey, what’s up” to each other but truth be told she prob thought he was one of the black Dobermans she was used to hanging with back in Michigan.

Left him outside and brought her into the living room to let her meet the family. She walked around sniffing and running like a free baby antelope on the prairie. It’s like she knew she was at her new home and she really really liked it.

Payt took her to her room and I let Ragnar in and put him at a stay on the couch, then called Payt back in. Ragnar stiffened and started breathing hard as soon as he saw her. He can’t stand little yippie dogs at all. They both locked on each other and she slowly crept to him, she got to about one foot from him and he launched off the couch towards her. She flipped over yelping and took off the other way banging into the recliner chair. I got a hold of Ragnar and put him back on the couch and looked back and she was creeping around the recliner to see where the big bad wolf went......it was so funny, like a kids story. She crept back to us with her nub wagging, Ragnar’s nub was wagging so I just set him free to do as they may. It turned out extremely well from there and she follows him everywhere he goes. I am absolutely ecstatic with how everything is going!!
What a great story! Ragnar obviously sees a big difference between a yippy small dog and his own puppy! Would have given me a heart attack when he launched though!
 
Yes, I have video of it too- trying to edit it all together because there are a lot of cuts in/out.

Last night she yipped, hollered and screamed being in the kennel. Ragnar was going nuts running back and forth from me to her and he was not happy. His nose butts got harder and harder. I put a sheet over the kennel, that made it worse so I went and laid down next to the kennel- Asshat Ragnar came and laid down next to us. She howled a little more and just stopped, sat there staring at us and then eventually laid down and slept. I got up and went to the couch for the rest of the night. She did not make a sound for the rest of the night. Then, got up and let her out at 0130, 0330 and 0500.

Today will be interesting for I am back to work and all the girls are home with her. I gave them all pretty good instruction. They seem to be listening a lot more intently than with Ragnar.

We, actually THEY......decided on Freyja. That will be her name- Freyja.
 
Oh my gosh, what a wonderful story! I laughed at peeing down your shirt and just about cried when she looked over your shoulder and started wagging her nub at Ragnar! How sweet is that! Going to be a lot more moments like that I'm sure. You're going to have a lot of fun. Will be interested to see how the girls did today with the two of them.
 
The potty breaks sound exactly right. The kennel will get better, especially with short practice throughout the day and feedings in there. The kennel will become no big deal then. She will eventually get your routine and all will be well.
 
She flipped over yelping and took off the other way banging into the recliner chair.
I've figured out that Phoebe is a drama queen and will yelp like that if she's trying to maintain the upper hand. I can tell the difference between whether something actually hurt or he she's being dramatic. LOL
I did worry when she first came home though since she was so tiny and the adults just don't realize their own strength so I kept a close eye on them. I still keep an eye on them but don't worry about her being so tiny and fragile anymore.
 
Sooo excited for you guys! As I said, get to training and enter classes asap and y'all will do fine! You may not have updated pics of the pups (which I'm dying to see!!) but there are pics of mom and dad ;)

China - Melrae N ShoMe's Black China
View attachment 112168
(China is a half sibling to Ripley and Phoebe, they share Dams!)

Hoss - Ch Aquarius Red Hot Iron Alcher WAC
View attachment 112169
That is one gorgeous red!
 
Seriously lacking in the pics department @Ddski5 :D
Yes, I know.

When I get back I will try and get some. This is the more recent I have on my phone.

My wife tells me that Freyja and Ragnar will go to the door and look at my truck and then circle the house looking for me and then back looking at my truck- like “where is he? His truck is here???”
 

Attachments

  • 8CEFA52F-2BA6-45CE-B556-8401D7E12B1A.webp
    8CEFA52F-2BA6-45CE-B556-8401D7E12B1A.webp
    1.1 MB · Views: 12
Yes, I know.

When I get back I will try and get some. This is the more recent I have on my phone.

My wife tells me that Freyja and Ragnar will go to the door and look at my truck and then circle the house looking for me and then back looking at my truck- like “where is he? His truck is here???”
Oh my where'd your puppy go?!
 

Back
Top