Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

2 things, the most endearing and the most annoying...

Discussion in 'Doberman Talk and Discussions' started by raym0016, Jul 23, 2019.

1. Tropicalbri's

Tropicalbri's $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

My twins have never rolled in smelly stuff thank goodness. They are pretty OCD about stinky stuff. If they step in a missed deposit of poop while playing they will hold up the offending poop cover foot and come limping to me to wash it. :rofl::rofl:
    Usually after they poop they come get me and show it to me so I can scoop it up. My husband has said I have made clean freaks out of them. Hahahaha
    If their bed covers are not washed every few days like I normally do they refuse to lay on them. I wash their feet every night before they come in for bedtime and give them a quick wipe down. If I get busy and forget, they will stand at the door staring at me like come on, it’s foot washing time. :spit: They have trained me well. Lol

• Funny Funny x 4
  2. Kaiser2016

Kaiser2016 Active Member

I love that they love to be clean! He will still run through rainy/muddy or snowy conditions if that’s the case, but he does a pretty good job of avoiding puddles and muddy patches.

3. GennyB

GennyB Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

They do? Mine didn't get the memo....

Drake aka Mud Dabber
    mud dauber.jpg
    Rumor aka Miss Piggy
    mud lvr.jpg

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  4. CRDobe

CRDobe Notable member

Most annoying: shredding sticks in the livingroom.
    Most endearing: the sigh she makes when she stretches out next to my legs when we we go to bed at night.

• Like Like x 2
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  5. MyBuddy

MyBuddy Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Buddy did that just this morning only it was with "horse biscuits"! I was bringing horses out of the barn and he was going in! When I walked back in the barn for the next horse, he's coming out with something in his mouth. "Hey! Drop that! Drop that! " He just gave me a sideways glance and quickly ate it!! :furious:

• Funny Funny x 6
  6. Kaiser2016

Kaiser2016 Active Member

Haha, I hope that by preventing him from experiencing the pleasure of a mud puddle, he’ll never even try it!

I don’t even want to imagine how you could wrangle two slippery Dobermans towards the shower!

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. GennyB

GennyB Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Really it's not too bad and just soooooooo much fun for them. Most of their mud experience is at the farm. By the time they get back to the house it's pretty much gone. What's left, if any is just brushed off. LOVE that slick coat! We've had a butt load of rain this year so there have been some mud puddles around here, a simple rinse with the hose takes care of it.

• Like Like x 3
  8. jazzies mum

jazzies mum Notable member

Mud baby!!! jazz0141.JPG

Most annoying thing Jazz does these days is rolling in things she finds irresistible. Cow pee being a favourite but the worst one is egret poop. There is just something so disgusting to my nose about it, and it just hangs on despite bathing. :green:

The most endearing is those moments of sweet gentleness. She is getting more smoochy as she matures and I think it is just lovely to have her give my cheek a quick kiss or my ear a gentle whiffle while we are driving somewhere. It's sort of like she's really glad we are going somewhere together!

• Like Like x 3
  9. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Interesting thread!

I don't have to think very hard with Della because the most annoying thing she does by far is going deaf if she sees a fox and taking off after it through the swamps. She goes missing for 10 or 15 minutes and comes back filthy and exhausted. She can even blow through her e-collar in that case because her prey drive is so high.

She does a lot of endearing things but I think one of the things I love the most is when she's picture perfect with a training session and every time I tell her "good girl" her tail starts going a mile a minute.

With Albert I think it's him barking when we go to bed. That's partly Della's fault because she's already in there and she poises herself at the end of the bed and shows her teeth at him (thinking I can't see her) when he wants to come up.

His most endearing thing is pushing himself as close as he can behind my legs and snuggling in. I just wish he wouldn't do it when it's time for the alarm to go off since it makes me want to stay in bed. ;)

• Appreciation Appreciation x 3
    • Like Like x 1